Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Whiskey_Jim

• Paid Members
I think that Ziggler will get his shot at Edge at the Rumble but lose. He'll then force Vickie to put him in the Rumble match itself which he'll then win.

REALLY?

I know these days with the Elimination Chamber being so pivotal, and the fact they have long abandoned the winner's right to go on last at WrestleMania - or indeed the presumption that a World title match goes on last - but I just can't even imagine a PPV closing with Ziggler's arm raised. He doesn't seem ready for anything that high profile, even though he has come on leaps and bounds.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Think they are building for Lawler to be an entrant in the rumble this year?

Pretty sure they have done it before but with the small push he has been getting I can see them having him as one of the surprise entrants.

• Paid Members

If they did the one last go for the title thing I would imagine they could have him go quite far in the rumble.

Whatever happens they need to bring back the backstage segments of wrestlers drawing their numbers.

Whatever happens they need to bring back the backstage segments of wrestlers drawing their numbers.

Good shout - always nice to see someone smug pull out a high number and then get eliminated fairly quickly

I'd also like to see someone really whinge about a low start number and then do really well - I loved the year that Flair won it, for the first 30 mins it felt like all Heenan could say was "its not fair to flair" over and over again

How about Goldberg to come in at 30, dominate and eliminate everyone bar HHH, who hits him with a sledgehammer then tosses him out for an undeserved victory

I'd also love to see Ziggler and Bryan take the roles of Shawn Micheals and the Bulldog in starting off early together and being the last two in it.

It would be good for Dolph to win, thanks to Vickie

And face who at WrestleMania? Unless Steve Austin or The Rock is coming back to win the title at Elimination Chamber, Dolph Ziggler vs Anyone isn't much of a WrestleMania feature match at this point.

How about Goldberg to come in at 30, dominate and eliminate everyone bar HHH, who hits him with a sledgehammer then tosses him out for an undeserved victory

Huh? It's not 2003.

I'd love to see Goldberg back, but there is no way they would do it without letting him know his place, like they did in the elimination chamber back in 2003.

I think Booker T coming back would be good, an royal rumble spinaroonie would get my PPV buy

• Paid Members
I'd love to see Goldberg back, but there is no way they would do it without letting him know his place, like they did in the elimination chamber back in 2003.

Which is why he won't come back. Ever. Unless they pay him the money he asks for and not a penny less, and books him precisely as he likes. Which I imagine is strongly.

Which I can't imagine happening, since there is probably a huge difference between the amount of money WWE think they would make off him and the amount they would have to pay him.

while I was thinking about it today there are 4 surprise combacks that could happen.

1. Triple H - Definately the big one, is he ready to come back? I'm sure he'd love to come back and get this proposed feud with Sheamus on the go.

2. Christian - The fact that he showed up at the Slammys in a sling prob isn't a good sign, but it could be a swerve. Even I (on of his biggest fans) don't think he could come back and win the Rumble, but it'd be great to see him back.

3. Evan Bourne - Kind of forgot Evan Bourne was injured, potentially could get revenge in the Rumble against Punk (as storyline wise Punk injured him and it was estimated he'd be out for 4 months...) and it would be nice to see Air Bourne back in action.

4. The Undertaker - maybe a long shot, but nobody really knows, everyone says he ain't ready, his body isn't holding up but I wouldn't bet against a return from the Deadman.

Archived