Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Whiskey_Jim

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im leaning more towards a Cena win at the moment, he's already made a point of mentioning winning in a promo before everyone else. I think Tripper will be back soon but I think there isnt much chance of him facing anyone other than Sheamus at 'Mania, Sheamus' recent King Of The Ring is screaming a showdown with the king of kings.

As much as I have changed in attitude towards Morrison over the last 16 months, I can't see him winning it. He has the most noticable face on the RR Microsite link, but this feels like a switch.

Del Rio will go close and has an outside chance. I have disliked him since the beginning, but he is being pushed much in the same way that Sheamus seemed to be; relentlessly. I wouldn't be at all surprised if his moment comes in the Chamber.

Sheamus won't win, Triple H or no Triple H. Again, I think Sheamus' moment will be in the Chamber.

Would bet the house on it not being Dolph now, shame that it will never be Big Show and I don't see a Jericho return.

Can't see 'Taker being in the match at all. Maybe hints of a return when Kane is in the ring. It has been over 6 years since their last 'Mania match, wouldn't surprise me at all if they went for that again.

Won't be Rey, can't see it being a Nexus member and no chance for Lawler.

It boils down to...

Trips

Cena

Punk

Del Rio, possibly.

It'll be Nash though. Blatantly.

• Paid Members
Thinking about it, we haven't heard much about Batista recently, maybe a surprise return?

I'm calling a surprise Rumble return for Chris Jericho, and a subsequent return to the main roster. Not so sure about Big Dave, though if he does return I hope they keep him heel. He was just phenomenal towards the end. If they can't get Brock Lesnar I'd be pretty delighted to see either Undertaker/Batista or HHH/Batista as a feature match of the Wrestlemania card.

WWE will just do that injured wrestler comes back in time to win the Rumble thing they seem to do quite often these days. Cena to win. Personally, I'd love to see Punk win though. That'd set up some interesting possibilties for Elimination Chamber in the run-up to 'Mania.

• Paid Members
WWE will just do that injured wrestler comes back in time to win the Rumble thing they seem to do quite often these days. Cena to win. Personally, I'd love to see Punk win though. That'd set up some interesting possibilties for Elimination Chamber in the run-up to 'Mania.

Is Cena even fit to wrestle? It'd be quite a sudden return if he is.

I'd be quite happy to see a Cena/Miz Wrestlemania match take place. CM Punk needs a big match at Wrestlemania, so I'm going to make a bold prediction and say he'll face Steve Austin. Failing that, Randy Orton.

Is Cena even fit to wrestle? It'd be quite a sudden return if he is.

I'd be quite happy to see a Cena/Miz Wrestlemania match take place. CM Punk needs a big match at Wrestlemania, so I'm going to make a bold prediction and say he'll face Steve Austin. Failing that, Randy Orton.

Not quite sure if he is. I'm sure that even if Cena isn't 100%, WWE will still try to rush him through, especially as the next few months are the biggest of the year.

As for Punk/Austin, no chance. The build-up would be absolutely great, but I couldn't see them stepping in the ring with each other. Austin's body is wrecked and it'd be a hell of a lot more beneficial for Punk to go against someone on the current roster like Cena.

• Paid Members
As for Punk/Austin, no chance. The build-up would be absolutely great, but I couldn't see them stepping in the ring with each other. Austin's body is wrecked and it'd be a hell of a lot more beneficial for Punk to go against someone on the current roster like Cena.

Well, Austin says he's in decent shape right now and could wrestle another match. Cena's injured and perhaps likely to miss Wrestlemania. Punk's stock is on a bit of a high right now, and I'm pretty sure he's the kind of guy Austin would like to wrestle.

Austin/Cena would be huge, and if Austin ever does wrestle again I'm sure it'd be high on the agenda.

On another note, the Goldberg "one last Wrestlemania match" rumours seem to have died down a little. If he wrestles the only opponent I could see him face that could carry him to a Wrestlemania worthy match would be Cena. Not sure how much interest there is in seeing the two face off, but it's a possibility I guess. Should there even be any chance of Goldberg wrestling, which I suspect there isn't.

Well, Austin says he's in decent shape right now and could wrestle another match. Cena's injured and perhaps likely to miss Wrestlemania. Punk's stock is on a bit of a high right now, and I'm pretty sure he's the kind of guy Austin would like to wrestle.

Austin/Cena would be huge, and if Austin ever does wrestle again I'm sure it'd be high on the agenda.

On another note, the Goldberg "one last Wrestlemania match" rumours seem to have died down a little. If he wrestles the only opponent I could see him face that could carry him to a Wrestlemania worthy match would be Cena. Not sure how much interest there is in seeing the two face off, but it's a possibility I guess. Should there even be any chance of Goldberg wrestling, which I suspect there isn't.

#I think Punk would be someone who austin would trust with his body

Archived