Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Whiskey_Jim

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There needs to be three levels of spoilers on here.

Level 1 -- it's already happened on telly, but you weren't up at 4am watching it because you've got a job.

Level 2 -- it's happened at a TV taping but hasn't been on telly.

Level 3 -- it's not a spoiler at all, it's bullshit speculation I've heard online ("Christian's the one trying to murder Jeff Hardy!").

Or they should just be labelled RAW/Smackdown/Impact/PPV spoilers. In this thread I think it's cuntish to assume people are fine with Smackdown spoilers, but I suppose there was nothing in writing saying to avoid or tag them.

There needs to be three levels of spoilers on here.

Level 1 -- it's already happened on telly, but you weren't up at 4am watching it because you've got a job.

Level 2 -- it's happened at a TV taping but hasn't been on telly.

Level 3 -- it's not a spoiler at all, it's bullshit speculation I've heard online ("Christian's the one trying to murder Jeff Hardy!").

Or they should just be labelled RAW/Smackdown/Impact/PPV spoilers. In this thread I think it's cuntish to assume people are fine with Smackdown spoilers, but I suppose there was nothing in writing saying to avoid or tag them.

are we discussing wrestling or inception here?

I got a feeling HHH will make a return at the rumble, dont want it to happen but its been a while, mania is coming up etc etc

I cant see Morrison or Del Rio winning, as much as i would like to see somebody new win the rumble i can see the E going with a tried and tested guy like Cena, orton etc

• Paid Members
ir does say possible spoilers in the thread title.

I'm not going to be one of these people having a right old cry about it but, the first post mentioned that anything not yet on TV should go in spoiler tags i thought, as per the norm.

Either way, my post made it clear as a day i obviously had no idea what happens.

• Paid Members

I reckon they will piss in the face of the tradition of someone showing what great stamina they have by letting Lawler have a long spell in. Not that you need much stamina to hold onto the top rope while other blokes pretend to try throwing you over for 30 minutes.

Don't think it'd really have much impact to be honest.

If Sting's coming in, at this time, they need to build him up first.

I was about to reply, pfft its Sting, what build up does he need? But I suppose its been a good 9/10 years since he was relevant in the wrestling world to the casual fan (sorry TNA) but I doubt he'd be a surprise entrant in the Rumble. How the hell would you introduce Sting to the wwe? Is it a one last time thing, or one last match, or have all the hype videos then he finally appears? Who knows...

I was about to reply, pfft its Sting, what build up does he need? But I suppose its been a good 9/10 years since he was relevant in the wrestling world to the casual fan (sorry TNA) but I doubt he'd be a surprise entrant in the Rumble. How the hell would you introduce Sting to the wwe? Is it a one last time thing, or one last match, or have all the hype videos then he finally appears? Who knows...

Don't get me wrong - to the oldschool fans, and people like those on here etc, including myself .. I'd enjoy it! But how would it go down with the live crowd? I don't think it'd have the roof blowing off or anything. If anything, they'd probably make it quite underwhelming.

I'd build him with hype packages and stuff, showing who he was in WCW etc. Sadly some people really do need educating.

Don't get me wrong - to the oldschool fans, and people like those on here etc, including myself .. I'd enjoy it! But how would it go down with the live crowd? I don't think it'd have the roof blowing off or anything. If anything, they'd probably make it quite underwhelming.

I'd build him with hype packages and stuff, showing who he was in WCW etc. Sadly some people really do need educating.

Yeah, plus they need to have Seek and Destroy blast out to get that initial pop of reaction for Sting. I think if the rumoured HOF WCW stuff is going on, they need to be starting on it now and make wcw look like the bees knees. I really don't see how they could bring him in without it being a bit lacklustre...

for a while now I have been convinced that Ziggler would drop the I.C title in the lead up to the Rumble and then go on to win the thing. I could even see him coming out as entry #1 and it ending up being either HHH and Dolph or Cena and Dolph as the final two.

The guy is impressing me more and more each week, and I just wonder if the recent matches with Cena were a signal that Dolph is ready for a main even push.

I, for one, hope so.

I'd love to see Kevin Nash make a suprise entrance during the Rumble, but I can't see it happening as there's no one in the match who he has an immediate link to, unless Triple H returns aswell. If he does I think he will end up winning it comfortably, if he doesn't return I can see Sheamus winning it and setting up a WM rematch with Triple H.

Archived