Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Whiskey_Jim

• Paid Members
Hell, I'm slightly intrigued by the Rumble with 40 wrestlers in it. Think I might watch WWE for the first time since WM26. Gonna stream it though, ain't no way Vince is getting my money with the way shows have gone lately.

I'm a sucker for surprise entrants, so I'll have a guess at some:

1. Triple H

2. Christian

3. Chris Jericho

4. Undertaker

5. Skip Sheffield

6. Ricky Steamboat (playing off the Nexus beatdown, how great would that be?!)

7. Billy Kidman (hell, he's an agent anyway, might as well use him for a nostalgia pop)

8. Steve Blackman (can't believe they didn't use this guy again after how good he looked in the 15th Anniversary battle royal)

9. Rikishi (something with the Uso's, really surprised he hasn't had a cameo appearance since leaving WWE in 2004)

10. Bret Hart (this is a bit unlikely due to the whole bumping thing, but they could work around it if they wanted to. Have him get DQ'd for using a steel chair on someone, like they did to Finlay one year, or the classic 'brawl to the backstage area' move)

The though of Billy Kidman getting any kind of 'pop' in 2011 makes me chuckle. I reckon if anyone currently on the payroll is making a one-night appearance, it's Val Venis.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might be a long shot, but i know macho man has just signed on to be in the new all stars game.

a one off for the rumble?

If that happens it would be so excellent, I would gladly give Sky money for the PPV

He deserves one good spot in the rumble - wasn't the last one he was in the one where he got eliminated trying to pin Yokozuna?

On the topic of the WWE agents making an appearance, I'd like to see Dusty Rhodes come out to his American Dream music, and eliminate Cody following the bionic elbow

He did eliminate 123 Kid in 1996, though didnt he? Or am I thinking or Bret giving Owen a kicking?

He distracted Kid. HBK did the deed itself.

Thats it! I knew Razor had something to do with it. This is how you go over the top rope though.

0:51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdZUa_faerQ...feature=related

Best bump out of a ring ever.

7:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjzkg1KBrHE

nodq.com

WWE has added Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel to the Royal Rumble, bringing the current confirmed count to 25 Superstars. WWE has announced 18 RAW Superstars and 7 SmackDown Superstars for the Rumble, leaving 15 more spots open.

Taken from e wrestlingnews.com

-- One WWE source feels the Royal Rumble match expanding from 30 to 40 men is not a good idea. "When you have 30 guys who are not over and you add ten more guys, it isn't special," the source said. "It's like adding vanilla to vanilla."

Apparently they dont like the sound of a 40 man royal rumble I say give it a try and if it doesnt work you can go back to 30 men next year.

Hell, I'm slightly intrigued by the Rumble with 40 wrestlers in it. Think I might watch WWE for the first time since WM26. Gonna stream it though, ain't no way Vince is getting my money with the way shows have gone lately.

I'm a sucker for surprise entrants, so I'll have a guess at some:

1. Triple H

2. Christian

3. Chris Jericho

4. Undertaker

5. Skip Sheffield

6. Ricky Steamboat (playing off the Nexus beatdown, how great would that be?!)

7. Billy Kidman (hell, he's an agent anyway, might as well use him for a nostalgia pop)

8. Steve Blackman (can't believe they didn't use this guy again after how good he looked in the 15th Anniversary battle royal)

9. Rikishi (something with the Uso's, really surprised he hasn't had a cameo appearance since leaving WWE in 2004)

10. Bret Hart (this is a bit unlikely due to the whole bumping thing, but they could work around it if they wanted to. Have him get DQ'd for using a steel chair on someone, like they did to Finlay one year, or the classic 'brawl to the backstage area' move)

Forgive me for my ignorance, but for someone who hasn't watched WWE since March/April last year:

1) How do you know Triple H/Jericho/Christian/Undertaker are all out, and could prove to be a surprise entrant

2) How do you know who Skip Sheffield even is?

3) How do you know who Nexus is, and that they beat Ricky Steamboat down

5) How do you know who the Uso's are?

Just seems a bit strange you are so clued up on all of this considering the "uber cool/I'm above WWE" statement that preceded the 'I haven't watched WWE since Wrestlemania 26'.

• Paid Members
Just seems a bit strange you are so clued up on all of this considering the "uber cool/I'm above WWE" statement that preceded the 'I haven't watched WWE since Wrestlemania 26'.

The key word being watched, I propose he still reads the results.

It's still a bit mad, though. If you're going to the extent of making guesses about Rumble entrants and following who's injured and can name the Superstars jobbers, you might as well just watch the show. And this bit:

Gonna stream it though, ain't no way Vince is getting my money with the way shows have gone lately.

Is a fucking mental thing to say if you haven't actually watched any of the shows in about nine months.

It's still a bit mad, though. If you're going to the extent of making guesses about Rumble entrants and following who's injured and can name the Superstars jobbers, you might as well just watch the show. And this bit:

Gonna stream it though, ain't no way Vince is getting my money with the way shows have gone lately.

Is a fucking mental thing to say if you haven't actually watched any of the shows in about nine months.

With the talk of the WCW themed HOF...

Booker T

Mike Rotundo/IRS

Scott Steiner..possibly Rick so they can go in the HOF as a tag team

I think one of the NXT Season 4 competitors will earn a spot this coming week ... haven't read any spoilers, though. Brodus Clay or Derrick Bateman would be my picks.

Given how much he's been mentioned on NXT Steve Blackman would be a good choice for a surprise entrant.

I'd love Ezekiel Jackson to get the 'Diesel treatment' and eliminate some of the low mid card talents - just a hunch, but I'm assuming the WWE has increased the Rumble by 10 extra bodies is for someone to eliminate quite a few mid carders.

Given how much he's been mentioned on NXT Steve Blackman would be a good choice for a surprise entrant.

I was thinking that too, you could have Bateman and Bryan in the ring near the start, they clear the ring of a few of jobbers, the clock counts down... BUZZ! STEVE BLACKMAN! Bateman and Bryan mark out and try to be all friendly with him, then Blackman starts whacking them with nun-chucks.

Does anybody know what's been going on with Skip Sheffield lately? Could he return at the Rumble in a "whose side is he on?" capacity when we get the inevitable Nexus/Corre staredown?

Archived