The 2010 PS50

Happ Hazzard

This thread made me realise that I have literally no idea who Davey Richards is.

So I decided to watch some of his work on Youtube. I avoided the indy stuff, because the crowd will annoy me, so I went with a NJPW match against Kanemoto. The commentator keeps saying 'Dynamite Kid', and he does look a bit like him as he's roided to the gills and his tights are the similar. He seems decent enough, but I could do without the caveman routine; grunting and growling like a retard every two minutes. I did enjoy him kicking some random bloke at ringside though. Kanemoto is still doing his Ohtani-without-the-brains routine, and those ankle lock reversal spots that everybody likes (except me, I hate them). Overall, it's pretty good.

So, yeah, I don't really get the hate, but he doesn't exactly scream 2nd best wrestler in the world either.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read it now (well, the bits about wrestlers I've heard of), and the little write-ups frequently mention promos, so whatever Fin's playing at makes even less sense.

Although I feel guilty criticising it now, because it was all worth it for the bit in this thread when that div kid had a meltdown and started ranting about how his "Cena sux" nonsense made him a unique voice on the Internet. He must have missed every mention of Cena online for the last six years.

the list is a bit hypocritical - the mag hates WWE. If Daniel Bryan was back on the Indy scene, he would be ranked higher? If Tyler Black was on NXT 4 he would be lower than 10th

Also, the cover is plastered with the WWE stars the mag hates - if they were true to their guns they would have some of their top 10 on the cover, not edge and bryan

"Please buy my magazine casual fan, so that I can spend pages telling you how stupid you are for not having heard of this Indy talent, and that you are a fool for liking WWE"

Also I agree with the J-List snarky comments - its not really needed is it, we can all see how rubbish he is, we don't need PS to tell us what we can all see

• Paid Members
I think one of the bigger fuck-ups is Edge appearing on the list. If John Cena can't make it in the top 50 then Edge certainly shouldn't. The guy has been shite since he turned up at the Rumble.

From a self-confessed indy fan, Cena's omission is retarded. Personally, I saw more exciting Cena matches than I did of Edge (as you point out), Sheamus, Christian, Swagger or Beer Money to name but a few of those on the list. And the two matches I enjoyed most of Orton's were with John Boy.

Plus as compelling as the Michaels "pursuit of Undertaker" storyline was and excellent subsequent match, did he really do enough in the ring to say he had a better year than Cena?

Also, the cover is plastered with the WWE stars the mag hates - if they were true to their guns they would have some of their top 10 on the cover, not edge and bryan

I noticed that as well. The cover suggests he knows the market he's aiming for, the actual content of the magazine suggests he's just a perspectiveless, newzletter-writing dickhead. The entire magazine this month was just wank. I think I'm at the point now with Powerslam where a lot of older fans got to with WWE, where I dont like it but I still consume it out of habit and loyalty from the good years, but I'm close to throwing in the towel.

• Paid Members

Thing is, Paul London says his price tag for WWE and TNA is to high and would never go due to the quality of the show or whatever, but he's content to do youtube videos and shoot interviews with none-exsistant production values and what probably pays for his hotel room and food. I doubt WWE or TNA would have him anyway. TNA isnt interested in Carlito or Shane Helms, so I doubt London is on the hiring list, and WWE thinks he's a cock. He's not Goldberg or anything. He's not really worth any kind of investment.

• Paid Members
TNA isnt interested in Carlito or Shane Helms

Didn't Dixie hint massively in one of her tweets that they may be bringing in Carlito? She said something along the lines of 'we will be signing a big star, now THAT is cool'. If that wasn't a reference to Carlito, what did that end up becoming?

BTW, this was months ago now

• Paid Members
TNA isnt interested in Carlito or Shane Helms

Didn't Dixie hint massively in one of her tweets that they may be bringing in Carlito? She said something along the lines of 'we will be signing a big star, now THAT is cool'. If that wasn't a reference to Carlito, what did that end up becoming?

BTW, this was months ago now

Mickie James was who they were talking about. She said it in the build up to the live episode of Impact. She dismissed the likes of Carlito and Shane Helms as "people who we would have been interested in years ago, but arent now". To be fair, its not the best time to be former WWE talent at the minute. When you have Hogan, Flair, Hardy and Foley on daft money and they arent pushing the numbers up, I doubt the likes of Shad Gaspard will do much. The likes of Shannon Moore and Brian Kendrick are on the arse end of the payscale anyway.

I don't think I saw it mentioned here yet, but another priceless line from Powerslam this month was something like

"People often say to me that Cena has improved, and the fact less people boo him is a testament to that. My response is the people who booed Cena a few years ago have stopped buying tickets to events".

How can he possibly qualify that statement?

He's consumed by his hatred of Cena and the current WWE product.

As I said before, it's actually pretty pathetic.

• Paid Members
I don't think I saw it mentioned here yet, but another priceless line from Powerslam this month was something like

"People often say to me that Cena has improved, and the fact less people boo him is a testament to that. My response is the people who booed Cena a few years ago have stopped buying tickets to events".

How can he possibly qualify that statement?

He's consumed by his hatred of Cena and the current WWE product.

As I said before, it's actually pretty pathetic.

Although it's such a stupid and petty thing to blame it all on Cena, you can't argue that business has fallen. Although that clearly has more to do with WWE fucking off its fans with shite content, than a wrestler that sells as much merchandise as the likes of Austin (a point Fin always brings up).

I also typed up the list Happ Hazzard posted and I must say, I am well happy with the amount of indy guys in the list and the puro guys for that matter even though I don't follow it as much as I once did. The top 10 was great to be honest, Davey Richards getting to #2 was awesome to be honest and he deserves all the props he gets.

EZ

Archived