The 2010 PS50

Happ Hazzard

Here is 1995's list.

46. The Sandman

47. The Head Hunter(s)

48. Diesel

49. Shane Douglas

50. La Parka

So yeah, in 1995 it seems that a large portion of their "best 50 in the world" were in WcW, EcW or Puro.

If Sandman can make a ps top 50 i dont see why cena cant. I sometimes wonder if Cena stole a girl from Fin Martin or something his grudge against him is really sad almost child like

Diesel had some classics in 1995. Doubt the Sandman did.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Fucking hell, put it to bed.

just bought the Jan issue......no mentiomns at all in letters page about the 50 being shit. nice selective editing

Would you print those???

Looking at the amount of the letters page they actually dedicated to PS50 feedback, why the hell would they instead of selecting the ones they did about "good list" or "I might have the Guns the other way round etc" would they pick out one or two of the minority from the "I hate this fucking magazine, its so shit because the UKFF boys all say its shit, your list was crap and Cena should be top ten" brigade?

You have only to look at the Readers Awards in the very same issue to see in respect to who is great (Angle) and who is shit (Cena) that PS and its readers seem pretty much in synch with their tastes. Which is probably why they buy they magazine in the first place? So... I'm guessing the "list was shit" letters were heavily outnumbered by the "list was a good read" or "minor differences of opinion" sort.

Or (wacky notion) they might just not want to print stuff that makes their own publication look bad?

The person who thought the list was great in January's PS is the same person who wrote in years ago just after Canadian Stampede to slate how shite it was and masquerades here under his second/third username. Also when you buy something off him begs you not to reveal the his real name/username to people so I for one would take his opinion with a pinch of salt.

• Moderators
Or (wacky notion) they might just not want to print stuff that makes their own publication look bad?

Nail on head stuff, that line there. If I wrote in to PS calling Fin a greasy haired cunt who's hotline I phoned for free from the local leisure centre and he sounds like a retarded Fred Elliot, why would he print it?

Fucking hell, put it to bed.

just bought the Jan issue......no mentiomns at all in letters page about the 50 being shit. nice selective editing

Would you print those???

Looking at the amount of the letters page they actually dedicated to PS50 feedback, why the hell would they instead of selecting the ones they did about "good list" or "I might have the Guns the other way round etc" would they pick out one or two of the minority from the "I hate this fucking magazine, its so shit because the UKFF boys all say its shit, your list was crap and Cena should be top ten" brigade?

You have only to look at the Readers Awards in the very same issue to see in respect to who is great (Angle) and who is shit (Cena) that PS and its readers seem pretty much in synch with their tastes. Which is probably why they buy they magazine in the first place? So... I'm guessing the "list was shit" letters were heavily outnumbered by the "list was a good read" or "minor differences of opinion" sort.

most years they do print letters with peoples opinions on the list ,usually takes up most of the page. this year one letter saying it was great.

It isnt a matter of opinion to say that John Cena is one of the top 50 wrestlers in the world. If he wasnt he wouldnt be the main focus of the biggest and best wrestling promotion in the world. What most 'smart' fans (and im using that term really loosely as in most cases you should swap the word smart for arrogant) is that John Cena doesnt need his moves to look completely perfect because he selling is so good that when he finally hits any move in his (apparently) limited arsenal the roof comes off any arena and the boos are not even close to being evident.

John Cena is the wrestling equivilant to Limp Bizkit. They have their shortcomings but in spite of being really good at what they do there will always be the 'cool' people who think its 'cool' to say that they are shit. They are wrong.

• Paid Members
It isnt a matter of opinion to say that John Cena is one of the top 50 wrestlers in the world. If he wasnt he wouldnt be the main focus of the biggest and best wrestling promotion in the world. What most 'smart' fans (and im using that term really loosely as in most cases you should swap the word smart for arrogant) is that John Cena doesnt need his moves to look completely perfect because he selling is so good that when he finally hits any move in his (apparently) limited arsenal the roof comes off any arena and the boos are not even close to being evident.

John Cena is the wrestling equivilant to Limp Bizkit. They have their shortcomings but in spite of being really good at what they do there will always be the 'cool' people who think its 'cool' to say that they are shit. They are wrong.

You were so right with the first paragraph. But so wrong with the second.

You were so right with the first paragraph. But so wrong with the second.

I thought it was a good comparison...... but I love Limp Bizkit so I may be a little biased.

Archived