The 2010 PS50

Happ Hazzard

• Paid Members
So it's based on ring work then. Where's Dolph Ziggler? Why is Daniel Bryan so low? Why are two guys who had exciting matches 4 nights a week lower than turds who wrestled for ROH once or twice a month?

Have you thought about putting these thoughts to Fin? His list, not mine. It's a subjective list made on the PS writer's opinions, and it's incredible how many people are getting their backs up about it. We'll all disagree for various reasons - my own being Cena's absence - but is it really worth getting worked up about?

We're chatting on a message board not marching through London. Who is getting worked up about it?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
We're chatting on a message board not marching through London. Who is getting worked up about it?

After reaching its natural death, the thread being dug up a month later is really tiresome and has caused a fresh spouting of toss from either side slagging off competitors whose work they probably havent watched this year - because they don't like that promotion/that type of wrestling. Let it go.

Plus half truths about "only one letter mentioning the PS50" and how "many" of the write ups feature promo skills, attempts to reinforce the stereotype of the workrate pervert, and a sprinkling of comments about "ROH turds" and "smarky bullshit" that make posters who are really sound when talking about the stuff they like come across as small-minded dickheads.

in posing the question to Rick, in that why doesn't he write to Fin Martin and ask his points to be addressed, i doubt he would get a reply. i may be way off the mark but FM strikes me as having this arrogance about himself that he is always right, his opinion is final.

when i look at the FSM situation, despite the lambasting from posters here, myself included, at least the editor made the first move to engage we the readers. somehow i can't see Martin coming on here and engaging his readership in debate and for us to offer up constructive criticism.

• Moderators
I'm almost certain that Fin Martin once called the Porkies films rubbish and I have no idea why that popped into my head or why I felt the need to post it.

The first one is brilliant! What American Pie and them wish they could be.

I'm almost certain that Fin Martin once called the Porkies films rubbish and I have no idea why that popped into my head or why I felt the need to post it.

The first one is brilliant! What American Pie and them wish they could be.

The first one is pure class and the second had its charms but the final film from what I can remember was the pits, random KoS fact I was originally going to go with TommysTallyWacker as my username.

Back on topic PS is shit.

got this months issue today just sick of the john cena bashing ok hes not exactly benoit in the ring and he can be a bit cheesy at times but hes a good wrestler you cant say he isnt if he was as shit as fin makes out why would he be the number 1 guy in wwe

What does it say about Power Slam when the wrestler named Wrestling Observer Newsletter Wrestler of the Year (voted on by the readers of said publication) was the wrestler named Powerslam's WORST Wrestler of the Year?

That someone should check the formers poll to see just exactly how many votes Anchor cast?

in posing the question to Rick, in that why doesn't he write to Fin Martin and ask his points to be addressed, i doubt he would get a reply. i may be way off the mark but FM strikes me as having this arrogance about himself that he is always right, his opinion is final.

when i look at the FSM situation, despite the lambasting from posters here, myself included, at least the editor made the first move to engage we the readers. somehow i can't see Martin coming on here and engaging his readership in debate and for us to offer up constructive criticism.

Only problem with that reasoning is that Powerslam is a well established wrestling magazine, and thats where FSM want to be. Otherwise they wouldn't spend their time on internet forums listening to various criticisms and suggested improvements, no matter how good of them people think it is that they are taking the time to do so. Until a significant amount of PS readers stop buying the magazine, you are going to get the same content every month. The man himself even said that every single issue of Power Slam has turned a profit. Thats every issue since 1994. FSM has been out what, 5 years, had many editors and yes is still attempting to gain a foothold in the market, but while Fin's pockets are continually lined every month, he doesn't need to log on to forums to find out people's opinions of his magazine.

• Moderators
What does it say about Power Slam when the wrestler named Wrestling Observer Newsletter Wrestler of the Year (voted on by the readers of said publication) was the wrestler named Powerslam's WORST Wrestler of the Year?

Fin Martin is a greasy haired mong, that's what.

The man himself even said that every single issue of Power Slam has turned a profit. Thats every issue since 1994. FSM has been out what, 5 years, had many editors and yes is still attempting to gain a foothold in the market, but while Fin's pockets are continually lined every month, he doesn't need to log on to forums to find out people's opinions of his magazine.

How ironic is it that your (very true) synopsis of PS magazine arguably parallels the approach of Vince McMahon and WWE that Fin so detests..... (I remember him bashing WWE recently for requesting fans don't send in their suggestions)

Only problem with that reasoning is that Powerslam is a well established wrestling magazine, and thats where FSM want to be. Otherwise they wouldn't spend their time on internet forums listening to various criticisms and suggested improvements, no matter how good of them people think it is that they are taking the time to do so. Until a significant amount of PS readers stop buying the magazine, you are going to get the same content every month. The man himself even said that every single issue of Power Slam has turned a profit. Thats every issue since 1994. FSM has been out what, 5 years, had many editors and yes is still attempting to gain a foothold in the market, but while Fin's pockets are continually lined every month, he doesn't need to log on to forums to find out people's opinions of his magazine.

Any editor worth his salt listens to his readership, and his potential readership. Other people may have different ideas (each to his own!), but I can't see how interacting with those people can be a bad thing; I have very strong opinions on what constitutes good writing and subject matter, and I won't be swayed towards an idea that I think is bad, so what's the harm in listening?

As regards FSM's " foothold in the market", I am happy to put the content of FSM (under my stewardship) up against that of any other wrestling magazine. I am confident that FSM will be rewarded for the consistent quality it now offers.

Archived