The 2010 PS50

Happ Hazzard

• Paid Members

I was sick in my mouth a bit when I saw the Miz lower than Davey Richards. The Miz has been tremendous both on the mic and has improved his alround game so much. Davey Richards should lose points for saying he was going to retire because his missus said so, before returning after getting chucked. Little tosspot. That list is pure wank.

And where's Bret Hart? He's never suffered a pin-fall loss, main evented in Madison Square Garden and SummerSlam, is so hard nobody has been able to land a blow to his head and holds a victory over the owner of the WWE, the current WWE Tag Team champions and the current WWE Champion. He's been the man in 2010 :blush:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing like a list to piss off a forum. Nice!

Don't watch or care about WWE, TNA, ROH, DGUSA or any US indy so...

I have the puro ranked as (not including Dragon Gate)

3: Hiroshi Tanahashi

4: Prince Devitt

5: Takashi Sugiura

18: Kota Ibushi

14: Hirooki Goto

12: Shinsuke Nakamura

7: Go Shiozaki

28: Daisuke Sekimoto

8: Naomichi Marafuji

35: Togi Makabe

24: Chris Hero

20: KENTA

31: Kenny Omega

27: Claudio Castagnoli

43: Eddie Edwards

33: Satoshi Kojima

2. Davey Richards

39: Kaz Hayashi

Well its a pretty shit list, but oh well. I'd have Ziggler, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Alberto Del Rio, The Undertaker and John Cena all in there from wwe. Also I really think Mr Anderson should be in there from what I've watched on TNA, seems to have upped his game.

Also on the Cena thing, I like him, the one real problem I have with him though is when he isn't Champion, the main storyline still revolves around him (to be fair though that isn't HIS problem but how he is booked...oh well.

Chris Jericho being as low as No 23 highlights just how much of a joke Fin Martin and his glorified fanzine has become.

Yeah, Jericho's had an awesome year in 2010...

But yeah, PS50 has pretty much always been a sham. Chris Sabin at #9 seals it, along with the lack of John Cena, Black Terry, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre.

• Paid Members

AJ Styles matches have been terrific since last December. He had the Three-way rematch from Unbreakable 2005, the two matches with Angle in January (as well as another top match with Kurt in August), he's dragged quality matches out of the usually not arsed RVD and Jeff Hardy, Doug Williams has had a cracker with him, Tommy Dreamer had the best match he's had since the late 90s with him and his promos are of a far better standard than they've ever been. Its been possibly his best year and proved how he can cope under new managerment and a millions changes to his character and direction. There's just no fucking way Shelley and Sabin (as good as they've been) have had a better year than AJ and I'll hazzard a guess that the ROH and Japanese lot that are above him could claim to have been as good either. You cant blame the performer for the situations he finds himself in. I thought it was a dead cert than AJ and Angle would have been 1 and 2 (in some order). AJ Styles should be WWE World Champion and Hall of Famer based on the fact Abyss and Tommy Dreamer have had good matches with him. He did the impossible on both occassions.

Cena not being in it again is ridiculous. But its wasnt unexpected.

AJ Styles matches have been terrific since last December. He had the Three-way rematch from Unbreakable 2005, the two matches with Angle in January (as well as another top match with Kurt in August), he's dragged quality matches out of the usually not arsed RVD and Jeff Hardy, Doug Williams has had a cracker with him, Tommy Dreamer had the best match he's had since the late 90s with him and his promos are of a far better standard than they've ever been. Its been possibly his best year and proved how he can cope under new managerment and a millions changes to his character and direction. There's just no fucking way Shelley and Sabin (as good as they've been) have had a better year than AJ and I'll hazzard a guess that the ROH and Japanese lot that are above him could claim to have been as good either. You cant blame the performer for the situations he finds himself in. I thought it was a dead cert than AJ and Angle would have been 1 and 2 (in some order). AJ Styles should be WWE World Champion and Hall of Famer based on the fact Abyss and Tommy Dreamer have had good matches with him. He did the impossible on both occassions.

Cena not being in it again is ridiculous. But its wasnt unexpected.

Your damn right about AJ Styles, he should have been in top 5 no doubt about it. It's obvious that Fin Martin is bitter that this isn't 2005 anymore, and AJ has developed a personality with Ric Flair's assistance. PS used to be all over him in his ROH/X Division days, but now that he represents a company that the mag has gone off of, he has all of a sudden became a shit wrestler in their eyes.

I was sick in my mouth a bit when I saw the Miz lower than Davey Richards. The Miz has been tremendous both on the mic and has improved his alround game so much. Davey Richards should lose points for saying he was going to retire because his missus said so, before returning after getting chucked. Little tosspot. That list is pure wank.

And where's Bret Hart? He's never suffered a pin-fall loss, main evented in Madison Square Garden and SummerSlam, is so hard nobody has been able to land a blow to his head and holds a victory over the owner of the WWE, the current WWE Tag Team champions and the current WWE Champion. He's been the man in 2010 :blush:

If this was on facebook I would "like" it.

• Awards Moderator

Can someone fill me in on what Christian did this year to warrant the reasonably high placing he received? I remember a couple of good matches with Ezekiel Motherfuckin' Jackson in January/February, but beyond that, I struggle to think of anything...

Oh, he was a pro for Heath Slater in NXT and made Wade Barrett look like a superstar in that ten man tag match they had once.

Okay, now I've run out of things.

Can someone fill me in on what Christian did this year to warrant the reasonably high placing he received? I remember a couple of good matches with Ezekiel Motherfuckin' Jackson in January/February, but beyond that, I struggle to think of anything...

Oh, he was a pro for Heath Slater in NXT and made Wade Barrett look like a superstar in that ten man tag match they had once.

Okay, now I've run out of things.

He had some long and dull midcard matches with Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre, and then Alberto Del Rio injured him on Smackdown. Yet John Cena isn't included.

The Paul London interview was great: "Why on earth did you decide to impersonate King Neptune?" is a question I can't imagine Greg has had to ask before.

To be honest I can't tell how anti-WWE it is because I've not watched any ROH or Japanese stuff, really- I'm sad that Ibushi's write-up didn't mention that he managed to drag a blow-up doll to a *** match, which must be the most exquisite carry-job/most blatant exposure of the business ever.

I have just read the mag in full for the second time and I am disgusted. and thats no over reaction. I am going to email with my feelings, probably be ignored but heres hoping. keep findingmore and more faults in what is just poor poor journalism dfilled with crap unfunny put downs like J list for ottunga, the stfu gags, more and more of the posittions in the top 50. thank god santas coming next week or it would be proper depressing.

• Moderators

Today I was just chilling out in the house, eating fruit and being cool, and I read this months PS and saw the list.

Fin Martin honestly believes Davey Richards is the second best on earth right now? No WWE talent in the top 10? Chris Sabin in fucking eighth? No John Cena?

Madness.

Archived