The 2010 PS50

Happ Hazzard

No Cena. Davey Richards in second place. Fucking disgusting list. Definitely based on SNOWFLAKES!!!

That's the thing though. Rey was probably much more consistant in the ring than most of those above him. Even Davey. If it was a "SNOWFLAKES~~~~!!!!" list he'd still rank higher than he did.

Don't make the mistake of thinking this is some sort of pro-workrate thing. It's anti-WWE.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50: Jack Swagger.

49: Jeff Hardy

48: Max Buck

47: Edge

46: Shawn Michaels

45: Jeremy Buck

44: C.M Punk

43: Eddie Edwards

42: The Miz

41: Sheamus

40: Jay Briscoe

39: Kaz Hayashi

38: James Storm

37: Roderick Strong

36: Mark Briscoe

35: Togi Makabe

34: Robert Roode

33: Satoshi Kojima

32: Yamato

31: Kenny Omega

30: Kevin Steen

29: Christian

28: Daisuke Sekimoto

27: Claudio Castagnoli

26: Daniel Bryan

25: Pac

24: Chris Hero

23: Chris Jericho

22: Naruki Doi

21: El Generico

20: KENTA

19: Randy Orton

18: Kota Ibushi

17: A.J Styles

16: BxB Hulk

15: Rey Mysterio

14: Hirooki Goto

13: Cima

12: Shinsuke Nakamura

11: Alex Shelley

10: Seth Rollins

9: Chris Sabin

8: Naomichi Marafuji

7: Go Shiozaki

6: Shingo Takagi

5: Takashi Sugirura

4: Prince Devitt

3: Hiroshi Tanahashi

2: Davey Richards

1: Kurt Angle

To summarise:

Rey Mysterio at #15 is the highest rank WWE wrestler. (I don't count Seth Rollins because he hasn't been on TV yet).

Only 9 out of the top 50 are WWE wrestlers.

Only 2 of the top 25 are WWE wrestlers.

Pac is the loan British representitive, no Doug Williams, Desmond Wolfe, William Regal.

Thoughts?

Is that Prince Devitt the Irish fella? Whats he like in the ring, and what do people think of him?

I'm also shocked at Sheamus not breaking the 50 when he's actually been involved in some right crackers this year and had some success to go with it.

He did he was 41st.

I don't watch the indies or Japanese wrestling to judge but even just looking at the WWE list is laughable

46: Shawn Michaels (retired)

Randy Orton the second best wrestler in the WWE this year? Cena has had a much better year in ring wise but then again they hate John Cena.

So which WWE wrestlers should be in? Cena? And?

I'm genuinely curious, because at this point everybody seems convinced that this list is anti-WWE, but nobody is really explaining how or why. Is it that they've ignored WWE guys who have had good years or that the ones they've included haven't placed high enough in the list? Or both?

Oh, and what exactly is this list based on? I remember they used to say it was in-ring performance, but then a couple of years later I'm pretty sure they said that other stuff was taken into account.

I'm also shocked at Sheamus not breaking the 50 when he's actually been involved in some right crackers this year and had some success to go with it.

He did he was 41st.

I don't watch the indies or Japanese wrestling to judge but even just looking at the WWE list is laughable

46: Shawn Michaels (retired)

Randy Orton the second best wrestler in the WWE this year? Cena has had a much better year in ring wise but then again they hate John Cena.

Chris Jericho was number 21 (I guess becuase he is taking a brake without a WWE contract, he is under as Indy.), he has also wrestled better matches than Randy Orton this year. Not as good as Cena though, and PS clearly don't like Jericho either, but for some reason Jericho made the list. I still buy and read the magazine every month, and I do it to archive the news of wrestling to look back when I want, but that list is a complete piss take. What makes me laugh is they were taking the piss at WWE's 50 Greatest Superstar DVD list earlier in the issue. Not exactly great at listmaking themselves are they?

I'm not defending this list (as that would make me a mental) but I like that Shingo is rated so highly. He's fucking amazing on all levels.

I do however agree with the general sentiment that WWE is bloody awful at the moment. As far As I'm concerned Shawn Michaels 3 months as a wrestler were better than anyone else in the company's 12 months!

This list is based on in-ring performances only, and virtually nobody else has been booked in compelling enough feuds or long enough matches to be anywhere near as good as HBK was in his 3 months. You need a reason to get into a match plus the ring-time to tell the story and nobody else got that outside of a few very brief exceptions (Miz and Daniel Bryan springs to mind). Now, that way well be the fault of the bookers, but it's still a fact. You can't shine as a 'great wrestler' if the booking won't let you! Sad but true.

Dolph Ziggler definitely deserves to be in there. I'd go so far as to say that John Morrison does too, especially if it is the all-workrate list that they would wish to claim. Wade Barrett and of course John Cena? Easy picks. My issue though isn't just that the WWE guys aren't there, it's that they're so far down - someone like Rey or Daniel Bryan should be up in the top 10, easily.

Dolph Ziggler definitely deserves to be in there. I'd go so far as to say that John Morrison does too, especially if it is the all-workrate list that they would wish to claim. Wade Barrett and of course John Cena? Easy picks. My issue though isn't just that the WWE guys aren't there, it's that they're so far down - someone like Rey or Daniel Bryan should be up in the top 10, easily.

Wade Barrett is a fantastic character and a true revelation with his promos for such a new guy, but (assuming this is an in-ring talent list) what standout matches has he had? No having a pop at you, this is a genuine question. I remember him being pretty good but not amazing on NXT and really that's about it, other than that match where he did well to not drop Mizark Henry. He's been in a lot of multi-man matches and short, screwjob matches but I can't think of much else.

I agree about Morrison, his wrestling is a lot of fun to watch, even if his character is that of a smiley douchebag with shit fashion sense.

People still read Powerslam?

Just kiddin - I glanced at it in Tesco today and read a bit of Paul London's Interview - I like Paul London a lot!

As for the top 50 - I didn't know most of the top 10 but to echo someone else from earlier in this thread, WWE has had an terrible year from an in ring perspective. Nothing and noone has stood out, so if it is about actual wrestling matches then it would make sense.

Clearly they dont like wwe guys. Or British wrestlers either.

Wade Barrett should be in top 10, hes been fantastic this year. Sheamus has had a good year, William Regal has been consistently good. Doug Williams has now got character to his already excellent wrestling skills so hes now more rounded.

Wade Barrett is a fantastic character and a true revelation with his promos for such a new guy, but (assuming this is an in-ring talent list) what standout matches has he had? No having a pop at you, this is a genuine question. I remember him being pretty good but not amazing on NXT and really that's about it, other than that match where he did well to not drop Mizark Henry. He's been in a lot of multi-man matches and short, screwjob matches but I can't think of much else.

I agree about Morrison, his wrestling is a lot of fun to watch, even if his character is that of a smiley douchebag with shit fashion sense.

I thought Barrett vs. Cena (HIAC) and Barrett vs. Orton (Survivor Series) were pretty damn good, truth be told. Especially the former; Barrett was such a dick during it, especially knowing full well he had Harris and McGillicutty as backup elsewhere. I thought his match with Orton at Bragging Rights was alright too, albeit a little stunted.

Clearly they dont like wwe guys. Or British wrestlers either.

Wade Barrett should be in top 10, hes been fantastic this year. Sheamus has had a good year, William Regal has been consistently good. Doug Williams has now got character to his already excellent wrestling skills so hes now more rounded.

Has William Regal even wrestled on TV or prominent cards in 2010?

Archived