The US TV Thread: 2010 Season

Chaka Demus

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone watching Bored to Death? I thought the most recent episode was hilarious, I'm hoping this season is longer than eight episodes.

I've been watching it. I can't remember anything in it that I've laughed out loud at, but it's worth watching. I thought that guest star who was in it this week (I never remember his name, he was in the film 21, I always think of him as the cheaper version of Jonah Hill) was really good.

• Paid Members
Fox has ordered the back 9 episodes of Rasing Hope. Thus meaning it will have a full 22 episode 1st season. Great news.

Thanks for posting this, Ally. I downloaded and watched the first 3 episodes. It's absolutely hilarious. I love it.

I've come to accept the gentle decline of The Office over the past year or so, but it's not been helped by Community reaching Arrested Development levels of good, and this season so far has been absolutely sensational. The first two episodes had outstanding set pieces and endings (particularly the season premiere) and the Abed baby delivery from this weeks was fantastic. I feel like there's just no way they can maintain such a high quality with the characters not really growing as people (bar Jeff) and thus ruining the fun, but what an epic show this is becoming.

All that said, Andy's Play was a great episode of the The Office this week. It does show how they've started to rely more on schmaltz than they used to, but the stupid Dwight/Angela sex contract storyline was completely rejuvenated and the phone stuff on stage was gold.

• Paid Members

I'm now 4 episodes into season 1 of Entourage. I fucking love it!! The good lady (who was at first a cynic) loves it!! Everyone loves it!!

Fuckin' good so far and sooooo many more episodes to go!!

(I am aware that this is not exactly US pace but damn it, it needed saying)

I'm now 4 episodes into season 1 of Entourage. I fucking love it!! The good lady (who was at first a cynic) loves it!! Everyone loves it!!

It's never off topic to post about the awesomeness that is Entourage.

• Paid Members

It's never off topic to post about the awesomeness that is Entourage.

It's an amazing series. I think it's the closest thing us men have to a Sex & The City type programme. I'm also baffled as to why no one's ripped off the Johnny Drama character in wrestling. His entire persona and backstory seem perfectly suited for it.

Any fans of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on here? If so, have you been watching the most recent season?

Yeah, I've been enjoying it. It seems to be consistent with the quality though there's the potential of bringing back the same guest characters to often (as was the case with episode 4 of the current series).

Any fans of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on here? If so, have you been watching the most recent season?

Yeah, I've been enjoying it. It seems to be consistent with the quality though there's the potential of bringing back the same guest characters to often (as was the case with episode 4 of the current series).

I'm currently working my way through Season 4, it's brilliant, laugh out loud comedy. Dennis is a TV character who doesn't get enough love, he is quality.

I got to disagree with your comment about the guest chracters, I love the waitress as a character and I love her interaction with all the other characters.

I only discovered It's Always Sunny a couple of weeks back, I've watched every episode now. It's absolutely tremendous, not what I was expecting at all. (Apologies if I've already posted a similar comment in this thread.) I'm not a great fan of Crickets or the waitress, but the core five are wonderful. I often play Charlie's "Rock, flag and eagle!" song on Youtube.

I watch Entourage religiously, but it's pretty shit. This past season was better than the last few, though.

Just watched the new Eastbound & Down. Possibly my favourite episode so far. It was brilliant.

Archived