The US TV Thread: 2010 Season

Chaka Demus

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched the first episode of the new season of Eastbound and Down.

It's an absolute delight, and I'm brimming with excitement for the rest of the series. Top notch stuff.

Ditto. It was laugh out loud funny. Hopefully it keeps the same pace throughout the season.

Off work till friday and have got The Defenders, Blue Bloods, Nikita and the new series of CSI before I even begin to think about the 2nd episode of Boardwalk Empire or the new Family Guy.

• Paid Members
I wasn't as fond of the new Eastbound & Down as the first series. I don't like Mexicans, mind, so it's probably that.

It was definitely the weakest episode so far, but it built up the season storyline well. Maybe the change of setting and absense of so many characters threw me? It definitely had less laughs. Still looking forward to it all though. If we have to wait another eighteen months for season 3 I'll be gutted.

Watched the new episode of The Office last night. Pretty sad to say I think it's past it now. I think I laughed once, and the opening wasn't half as good as it thought it was.

Ive said it a few times in different threads, but I think The Office US has been in hit or miss territory throughout seasons 5/6. I thought the latest was better than some other episodes, but was still rather average. I agree about the opening too, although Michael dressed as a magician for no reason and over-doing his tricks cracked me up.

I just remembered Pam being stuck in the lift. That was a really half-baked, chucked together side story. I'd strongly consider chucking Jim and Pam after this season. There's nothing left for them to do. They're fucked without Carrell anyway, I'd have a character cull.

• Moderators
I wasn't as fond of the new Eastbound & Down as the first series. I don't like Mexicans, mind, so it's probably that.

It was definitely the weakest episode so far, but it built up the season storyline well. Maybe the change of setting and absense of so many characters threw me? It definitely had less laughs. Still looking forward to it all though. If we have to wait another eighteen months for season 3 I'll be gutted.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I thought it summed up the premise very well, and that's what I wanted from this first episode. I reckon the old characters will be back around soon enough, Steve certainly will as his footage looked brand new in the first one, and Kenny's robbing his money. Hopefully he'll be back in the States by Episode 3 or 4.

I especially liked how he's replaced the tits of his first season love interest with the arse of his second season interest for his obsession

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

House season 7 started with a brilliant first episode.

Absolutely the only show I have watched consistently, year after year. Love it.

Me and the missus have only recently discovered House. Half way through the first series so plenty to watch.

House is the reason I haven't watched the new episodes of Chuck yet, my little brain can't handle too much at once. I've got season 8 of 24 to get through and we're watching the new season of Dexter.

Speaking of which, watched the first episode last night.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Good episode with Dexter showing his frailties of human emotion even more (this is explained so much better in the books) and when he finally releases some emotion it sent a shiver down my spine (right after he caved that blokes head in). And for the first time he expressed his love for Rita. Could Dexter finally be turning human?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
Blue Bloods is outstanding. Loved it. Donnie Wahlberg is spot on and Tom Sellick delivers. I recommend this to anybody, I imagine it could be quite a big deal soon.

i like the look of that. Always had a soft spot for Selleck. I still get a hold of his 'Made for TV' Jesse Stone movies, they are a good watch.

Shit My Dad Says... awful, point missing crap. The network clearly abandoned it quickly, as I've seen scant advertisements for it. For comparison, can see a gigantic Running Wilde billboard from my window.

I'm interested to see just how badly the audience drops off for 'Shit..' because it did pretty well for a first episode, and it's been absolutely raped by everyone since.

To my surprise, "The Event" managed to not only keep the pace of the pilot up but some might say made it even more fast-paced. Serialized drama's seem to be going out of fashion (I think this is the only new one this season on the major networks) so they have a lot to do to keep the viewers but on basis of the first 2 episodes we have a hit on our hands.

It's shocked me that out of all the new shows this season, none of them are really bad. Sure, there's some you can't see lasting the distance but you usually see some real stinkers at the beginning of a new broadcast season. I can honestly say I've not seen any such stinkers this season.

Archived