The US TV Thread: 2010 Season

Chaka Demus

Scheduling gets a bit funny around this time of year as series tend to either finish or go on mid-season breaks. My experience with Family Guy is usually the odd random new episode pops up over the next few months before coming back weekly again around March time

No I am pretty sure it's because of Thanksgiving being last Thursday.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reinforcing the Breaking Bad love. I've not been this excited about a new series (even though it's months away) for quite a while. Masterful drama with really interesting characters that slowly evolve and change your own perceptions throughout the course of the series'.

'It's Always Sunny..' is an excellent choice too. If you've ever watched Seinfeld with the self-absorbed characters and odd tangents you will enjoy this. It has a very dark, gross edge (not that Seinfeld wasn't dark at times).

Boardwalk Empire I am really enjoying too although still a few eps behind. Aesthetically it's outstanding as they've obviously hit on a really riveting time and place culturally.

Weeds I've enjoyed recently too. Very easy to watch a burn through (NPI) whole seasons over a fwe days if you're worried about catching up. They nearly jumped the shark with the last series so I enjoyed this series' more comedic slant with the road movie theme. I think the next season is the last season- although I've not idea how it's going to work out given the recent ending.

It was mentioned a few but Community may just be my favourite of the bunch. Both the Goodfellas (the soundtrack an voiceovers were sublime) and 28 Days/Battle Royale/Action Movie ('Jeff.. Winger youu son of a bitch.. I thought you were dead man!) parodies are some of the best pieces of comedic television I've ever seen. Outstanding. So many little gags too that like, say, Arrested Development, you can watch them again and pick up new stuff.

Plus..

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I normally resolutely against any schmoozy overt love-interest stuff in my comedy (see Seinfeld above) but I marked out like a motherfucker when Jeff kissed Annie. I'm about the start season 2 so that story may go all out of the window (in fact I assume it doesn't go on as it would change the dynamics of the group) but I was getting a little cringey with the Britta/Michelle stand-off so glad it happened.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

And then there's Senor Chang..

"Because while both are dirty.. neither are my friends."

Last night, the people of America were treated to an hour-long Tim & Eric Awesome Show "Chrimbus Spectacular". Adult Swim UK are apparently showing it online over here at some point, but Tim & Eric are some of my favourite people in the world and I'm very impatient so I was wondering... Can anyone point me towards a "source" for US TV where I might be able to "obtain" a copy of the show? I've tried asking my usual friends about it but nothing's happening so far.

• 1 month later...
Any idea when Family Guy is coming back on its been 2 weeks now since the last episode came out in the states.

February the 13th apparently. There's the final star Wars spoof that's been released if you'r interested although I think it's a biit old but I've not seen it online before.

• 3 months later...

Archived