The US TV Thread: 2010 Season

Chaka Demus

• Paid Members
I usually love that kind of comedy and I'm a huge Will Ferrell fan but I just didn't like it.

That sentence makes me think you've only watched small bits. Ferrell is a secondary character in one and a half episodes and the usual pulling faces, talking gibberish humour that Ferrell is well known for isnt anything like Eastbound and Down.

I understand if someone finds Kenny dislikable, because he is and only has a few glimmers of sympathy to save him. But I dont know how you can say he isnt funny. Every episode I'll literally burst out laughing at different lines and situations, the average sitcom would kill for that.

Anyway the second episode was back on form this week. But it looks like Kenny will stay in Mexico for the season and possibly no more April, Cutler or Kenny's brother?! Bit of a bummer. At least we still have Stevie.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I usually love that kind of comedy and I'm a huge Will Ferrell fan but I just didn't like it.

That sentence makes me think you've only watched small bits. Ferrell is a secondary character in one and a half episodes and the usual pulling faces, talking gibberish humour that Ferrell is well known for isnt anything like Eastbound and Down.

I understand if someone finds Kenny dislikable, because he is and only has a few glimmers of sympathy to save him. But I dont know how you can say he isnt funny. Every episode I'll literally burst out laughing at different lines and situations, the average sitcom would kill for that.

Anyway the second episode was back on form this week. But it looks like Kenny will stay in Mexico for the season and possibly no more April, Cutler or Kenny's brother?! Bit of a bummer. At least we still have Stevie.

I watched the six episodes from last season, there were only six weren't there? I just didn't like it. And I've tried to watch it again, it just doesn't click with me. I mention Will Ferrell because I am a massive fan and as he's not only a bit part character but an executive producer aswell. I think it mainly boils down to I just don't really like Danny McBride.

• Moderators

Get a contract in the Season Finale? It's bizarre how this season's April was only in it for about 3 seconds though this week, same for his neighbours.

The Event is really starting to gather momentium. Looks like a keeper.

Seriously?

I think I figured out what the event in The Event is, while watching the third episode. Someone broke into the editing room and cut all the scenes that were interesting or involving.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. I think the main characters are strong and there's loads of potential when they all tie into one story. I've been reading reviews and it's pretty mixed but the main complaints are that it "Isn't a Lost or a 24" and I think that points to the fact that because those series were so great, people expect too much from serialized dramas now. People expect everything to happen straight away and while that works in some cases I think The Event is saving the best for later on. it's certainly a much, much better drama than FlashForward.

The ratings have still to steady out, which is a worry. But NBC have literally fuck all to put in it's place which means we should get at the very least a full season out of it and I think that will give it a chance to show how good it is.

On another note, the best new show of the season is Blue Bloods, without a doubt. Pretty much your sterotypical CBS drama but it has a fantastic cast and premise. The first 2 episodes have been the bestb 2 hours of TV so far this season.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. I think the main characters are strong and there's loads of potential when they all tie into one story. I've been reading reviews and it's pretty mixed but the main complaints are that it "Isn't a Lost or a 24" and I think that points to the fact that because those series were so great, people expect too much from serialized dramas now.

Surely people making that complaint stopped watching Lost in about 2006, before it turned to shit?

People expect everything to happen straight away

And that's definitely not something Lost trained people to expect. If anything, I reckon people want more of a tease because of Lost, rather than everything being thrown at them near enough instantly (a la FlashForward).

The Event is going to get annoying if they go for the big twist at the end of the every episode. I had a feeling that'd be the route it'd go down and then said to my big brother what the twist for that last episode would be at the end of the second and I got it bang on the money. Never a good sign.

It's a decent enough show though apart from that.

The Event is going to get annoying if they go for the big twist at the end of the every episode. I had a feeling that'd be the route it'd go down and then said to my big brother what the twist for that last episode would be at the end of the second and I got it bang on the money. Never a good sign.

It's a decent enough show though apart from that.

It woked for 24 for 8 years

Archived