The US TV Thread: 2010 Season

Chaka Demus

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The US 'Shameless' starts January 9th on Showtime, with William H Macy as Frank.

Here's the trailer, it actually doesn't look as bad as I first thought it would be. However it looks like they are doing a direct copy of season 1 of Channel 4's 'Shameless'

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/10/20/william-...in-new-trailer/

Having got so far behind on Shameless I gave you, this looks good so I may give it a go!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I made a check list of US TV shows I wanted to at least sample (if I hadn't already started them):

The Walking Dead - check

AWESOME

Entourage - check

AWESOME - started season two (long way to go)

Dexter - check

AWESOME

House - check

AWESOME

Boardwalk Empire - check

AWESOME

Eastbound and Down - downloading season one

Heard good things

Should I be getting on with downloading It's Always Sunny and Breaking Bad??

I made a check list of US TV shows I wanted to at least sample (if I hadn't already started them):

The Walking Dead - check

AWESOME

Entourage - check

AWESOME - started season two (long way to go)

Dexter - check

AWESOME

House - check

AWESOME

Boardwalk Empire - check

AWESOME

Eastbound and Down - downloading season one

Heard good things

Should I be getting on with downloading It's Always Sunny and Breaking Bad??

Breaking Bad is incredible! So yes get downloading :)

Walking Dead episode 2 wasn't quite up to the standard of the first, don't get me wrong it wasn't terrible but it didn't have the great moments and drama of the first...

anyone been watching Terriers? Its class but clearly its gonna be cancelled after this season ends :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Fuck. Last Terriers episode was awesome and I actually can't wait until the next one is available.

Also been watching The Walking Dead. I really thought the whole zombie thing was kinda played out but so far it's actually very good.

Yep yep yep to Breaking Bad and It's Always Sunny.

Sunny is so good and the characters are so messed up - whatever the worst thing they can do in any situation is what they'll choose to do.

Have a look at this quick trailer where 2 of them try to make money off a baby they found in a dumpster -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECzz-p6Ulas

Also worthy of more attention - The Life and Times of Tim - a HBO cartoon. Don't be put off by the drawing style, the dialogue and stories are great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECzz-p6Ulas

I'm also enjoying No Ordinary Family which, despite the lame title, is really enjoyable. Michael Chiklis and Dexter's Mrs are the stars. Stick with it after the first episode because it gets better and darker as it goes on.

If you don't know who Michael Chiklis is then you must also watch The Shield which is many kinds of awesome!

Have anyone watched the US version of Top Gear, I havent seen the first episode but ive just seen episode 2, is it me or has the stig been on a "see food" diet. Great TV making a blind man win a drifting Challenge just to have his seeing eye dog piss on the top gear set at the end..

• Paid Members
Have anyone watched the US version of Top Gear, I havent seen the first episode but ive just seen episode 2, is it me or has the stig been on a "see food" diet. Great TV making a blind man win a drifting Challenge just to have his seeing eye dog piss on the top gear set at the end..

Shame the entire thing has been cancelled then isn't it?

On November 29, 2010, the history Channel announced that due to low ratings, and poor viewer acceptance of the show hosts, the remaining episodes would not be aired. After reviewing the second episode, the BBC also revoked the Top Gear license, citing 'poor taste' in having a seeing eye dog urinate on the Top Gear logo.

Archived