The US TV Thread: 2010 Season

Chaka Demus

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

workaholics-poster.jpg

My new favourite comedy. On after South Park in America I think. The guy on the right is basically doing a Jack Black impression throughout the whole show, but it's all good. One of the episodes is titled "We Be Ballin", so you know what kind of humour your getting.

Well the poster is pretty much a give away of the type or humour as well.

^ I watched the first 4 episodes of Workaholics the other week and just couldn't get into it - it wasn't obvious funny, think about it funny or even stoner funny. Very dull show imo.

Anyway, just gotta say last nights 2 hour season finale of The Mentalist was superb imo, won't spoil it for anyone but it answers alot of questions.

Anyway, just gotta say last nights 2 hour season finale of The Mentalist was superb imo, won't spoil it for anyone but it answers alot of questions.

Absolutely. This I why I love May. Most things get answered. The Mentalist was fantastic and it's been confirmed to be renewed for another season. We've had a fantastic end to Smallville. The Big Bang Theory has also opened up a fresh storyline. I just hope The Event gets picked up by another Network as the rumours suggest.

It's definitely been a mixed bag of finales for me this year - I'm a little behind as been on holiday, so catching up this week:

The Big Bang Theory - didn't really feel like a finale. The end was weak, and something that I'd rather they just forgot in the break strangely enough.

Smallville - Perfect. I've read opinions on both ends of the scale, but for a TV show based on Superman they got it 99.9% right. Considering the show went shit a few years back, the last 2 seasons were superb, and luckily they got to end on a high.

Chuck - Would have served well as a series finale, but I'm glad we get a wrap-up season. Should be a fun end. A little obvious in places but overall as enjoyable as the show ever is.

Community - Probably my favourite finale of the season. The 2-parter was absolute genius, great cameo by Sawyer from Lost, and some awesome comedy. Love the show.

Fringe - Bit over-complicated but very interesting. Definitely the biggest shocker in terms of endings, and no idea where they'll go from here.

Still got The Mentalist, Supernatural, Parks and Recreation, and The Event to go.

Archived