The US TV Thread: 2010 Season

Chaka Demus

Seeing as most of the big new series are about to start along with the popular returning series, what are you most looking forward to this season?

Been looking forward to Boardwalk Empire for some time now, first episode aired yesterday. It's written by Terrance Winter who wrote some of The Sopranos episodes and Produced by none other than Martin Scorsese. Mark Wahlberg is also involved in the Producing of it. And it's on HBO, so that gives it some points straight away. So it should be good. Here's some more info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boardwalk_Empire

Then there's Terriers which looks good. It's a comedy Drama on FX about private investigators. Pilot was great so I recommened checking it out.

Returning shows I'm looking forward to are Modern Family, House and of course Chuck. The season 4 clips floating about look brilliant and the storyline already set up at the end of last season should be interesting to watch unfold. Also, Californication

FX and HBO are basically where it's going to be at this season I think. Especially with Game Of Thrones starting in January on HBO. Here's the trailer for it...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summer shows: Covert Affairs, Rubicon, Childrens Hospital.

New shows: Boardwalk Empire, Hawaii Five-O, Lone Star, The Event, Chase, Mike & Molly, Detroit 1-8-7, Raising Hope, Running Wilde, Outlaw, Terriers, The Whole Truth, The Defenders, Undercovers, Better With You, My Generation, (Shit) My Dad Says, Outsourced, Nikita, Blue Bloods, The Good Guys, The Walking Dead.

Returning: East Bound And Down, Chuck, Survivor, Modern Family, The Mentalist, Fringe, Big Bang Theory, Community, 30 Rock, Smallville, Supernatural, Dexter, Caprica, Friday Night Lights, V, Parks and Recreation.

Personal favourites bolded. Dropped a few from previous seasons so I have something new to buy on dvd every so often.

I've decided I'm going to watch ...

Chase

Detroit 1-8-7

Running Wilde

Outlaw

Terriers

The Whole Truth

Defenders

Undercovers

My Generation

The Walking Dead

I'm sick of getting into TV shows about three seasons after they start, so I'm going to watch anything where the plot is even half way decent and see if it can keep me interested.

why am i seeing no Californication anywhere?

Doesn't start to January this season for some weird reason.

Ally, where did you get Broadwalk Empire from? Can't find a torrent for it.

I'll PM You the link.

I'm sick of getting into TV shows about three seasons after they start, so I'm going to watch anything where the plot is even half way decent and see if it can keep me interested.

That's the only way to do it, you always find some gems. I only watch US TV bar less than a handful of UK programs. I always try and make the effort of watching most pilots at the start of each year's new seasons to see what I think will last and what will keep me interested.

Be prepared though, you'll find some dross. But it's worth it. I suggest you swap Running Wilde with Boardwalk Empire on your list. I've not seen Running Wilde yet but the pilot reviews are terrible.

• Paid Members

New shows that I'll check out:

Boardwalk Empire,

Hawaii Five-O,

Lone Star,

The Event,

Detroit 1-8-7,

Raising Hope,

Running Wilde,

Terriers,

The Whole Truth,

Undercovers,

My Generation,

(Shit) My Dad Says,

Nikita,

Blue Bloods,

The Good Guys,

Returning:

East Bound And Down,

Chuck,

The Mentalist,

Fringe,

Big Bang Theory,

Community,

Dexter,

Friday Night Lights.

I'll probably cut the new show list in half after an episode or two, this should keep me going well into the spring as I've still not finished the first seasons of Community and FNL. Really looking forward to Boardwalk Empire when I get home tonight.

I've already got Boardwalk Empire to watch. Don't know why I didn't mention it.

I've seen mixed reviews for that Chase as well, but fuck it, gotta give it a bash. Might turn out good.

As for returning shows, I've got East Bound And Down, Chuck, The Mentalist, Fringe, 30 Rock and Smallville.

I'm happy to give anything a go once - hence why I download stuff like Hellcats - but it's normally more of a 'ok this is cool, I'll buy it on dvd' type deal.

I have high hopes for The Event - I really need something to replace Heroes and Lost, and Flashforward to an extent.

Got round to watching Nikita last night. Pretty decent for a CW show to be honest.

Archived