The US TV Thread: 2010 Season

Chaka Demus

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to The Office, Community, Parks & Recreation (if/when it returns), Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. And Eastbound and Down, obviously. Not heard of some of the shows mentioned here, so I'll look into the ones with titles that intrigue me.

I'm on the fence about The Event. Flashforward wasn't great and Lost turned to total shit, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Is Hung worth getting into?

Hung is good but not something I really go out of my way to watch. It's not must-see TV but it's a solid show to fill your time with if you've got nothing else.

I hope the people working on The Event have learnt lessons from the failings of shows like Flash Forward. It's very difficult to succeed with a show like that now, so they'll have to adapt and change a lot.

I wish they hadn't kept Parks back for mid-season but there's always the chance it'll be brought forward if some of their new shows go to shit.

• Awards Moderator
Will definitely watch

The Office

Absolutely. The Office is probably my favourite ever comedy, although I do think this needs to be the last series before they make the occasional dip in quality a consistent dip in quality. It's still way better than nearly all other comedies, but the first 4 series were untouchable.

Aside from that, I am giddy at the prospect of season 5 of Dexter. The addition of Johnny Lee Miller is enough to get me excited, but after that ending to season 4, I honestly can't wait for next week's first show.

So far I've started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which returned on top form.

Other than that and off the top of my head I will watch

Returning...

Grey's Anatomy

Private Practice

Chuck

One Tree Hill

The Office

Dexter

Modern Family

New...

No Ordinary Family

Outsourced

Outlaw

Running Wilde (New comedy from the Arrested Development showrunner and starring Will 'Gob Bluth' Arnett)

• Paid Members
Will definitely watch

The Office

Absolutely. The Office is probably my favourite ever comedy, although I do think this needs to be the last series before they make the occasional dip in quality a consistent dip in quality. It's still way better than nearly all other comedies, but the first 4 series were untouchable.

Not to mention Steve Carrell is leaving at the end of this season. As good as all the other characters are, it would still lack a whole lot without him.

I'm looking forward to -

The Office

Desperate Housewives (where's Susan?)

How I Met Your Mother.

Probably in that order too.

Archived