The US TV Thread: 2010 Season

Chaka Demus

And Boardwalk has already been renewed for a second season which is great news after 1 episode.

Wow really! Although its probably not too surprising as that first episode was awesome! I'm real excited about Boardwalk Empire, other HBO shows I've been to young to watch from the start like The Wire, The Sopranos, Oz etc, so hopefully this is another HBO classic that I can watch from the start!

Also can't wait for The Walking Dead!

Sons Of Anarchy season 3 has been brilliant so far too!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

ive got the first episode of Boardwalk Empire to watch, i'm gonna follow it...be nice to start something from the beginning and follow it through, rather than having to catch up on like 10,000 hours of tv (which can also be nice).

Quick rundown of what i've seen so far...

The Event: Solid pilot.It'll be interesting to see if they can keep up with the pace it set, because if they do we have a potential multiple season show, if not I can see it going the way of FlashForward. Still, infinity times more interesting plot than FlashForward. Did anybody else notice how it was shot in an identical style to 24? It even had the same font on the cast list as the one 24 used.

Detroit 187: Much like The Event it has bags of potential, especially with the strong cast. Michael Imperioli as a cop is still kinda weird though, especially as he sucked in Life On Mars. Still, it's the kind of show that Americans seem to love. The CSI style new case at the start of every episode, solved by the end type idea. I'd like to see how it held up in the ratings.

Hawaii 5-0: I love Scott Caan, even more so after his stint on Entouage and was looking forward to this. It was alright, the main point was the incredible chemistry between Scott Caan and Alex O'Loughlin. It really made me want to view more even if the product on offer wasn't as great. I can see this picking up though and I hope it does because if the storylines click, the cast (Includes Daniel Dae Kim and President Logan's wife from 24) will really be able to carry this.

Terriers: Awesome. Flat ratings from the Premiere which slightly worries me but the show itsels is just brilliant. Funny and enthralling. Also worth watching for Rockmond "C-Note" Dunbar as a streetwise detective.

By far and away however, the most impressive pilot...

Boardwalk Empire: Amazing shots, brilliant cast, solid script. three things that I look for and it delivers on all accounts. Steve Buscemi delivers as Nucky and Stephen Graham is impressive as Al Capone. the fact it's already been renewed for a second season after 1 episode shows how much potential this show has. It feels like the start of something big. If you only have time to watch one new show, pick this.

Eleswhere a good return from Chuck, however I'm starting to get worried by the incresing number of cheap sets they are using. It's begining to look like a student film.

I've dropped Nikita from my schedule .. it's decent enough but one of those that I'll quite happily catch on DVD once it's out.

Other than the awesome NXT Season 3, I'll have Detroit to try myself, and Running Wilde .. mainly because Will Arnett is in that, and he rules.

Dropping Chase after one episode - typical Jerry Bruckheimer stuff, but too much of that on TV at the moment, and it just doesn't stand out.

Hawaii Five-O was far better than expected. Pretty much only the name and theme that stays the same, but as said above, great chemistry between the leads and a stellar supporting cast too.

And as a day one Lost fan, managed to deal with Daniel Dae Kim as a new character instantly.

Dropping Chase after one episode - typical Jerry Bruckheimer stuff, but too much of that on TV at the moment, and it just doesn't stand out.

I actually thought it was a flat out piece of shit and I certainly won't be watching it again either.

I'm not sure what to make of The Event yet. It certainly caught me off guard at the end and there's enough going on to make me want to see more of it though.

I actually thought it was a flat out piece of shit and I certainly won't be watching it again either.

I'm not sure what to make of The Event yet. It certainly caught me off guard at the end and there's enough going on to make me want to see more of it though.

I think it was shit tbh. If you asked me now what happened in it, I couldn't tell you. Some people ran around with guns.

Terriers on the other hand (watching ep 2 now) is pretty awesome.

Watched Chase. It was alright, nothing out of the ordinary. I think somebody else said it but it feels more like a drama that would be best suited to watching on DVD but we'll see. I'm sticking with it for the moment because Amaury "Fernando Sucre" Nolasco.

Watched Running Wilde aswell, it was average. A few laughs here and there but I'll give it more than anyways. the female lead, though hot, is amazingly annoying.

Next up to watch is Nikita. Plus Undercovers debuts tonight in the US. Thank god I'm off work this week.

Detroit 1-8-7 : One thing I always like is instantly good characters and I thought this show had them. I normally find it very easy to get into shows like this so I'm happy to keep going with it if every episode is of the same standard of this one. Really enjoyed it.

Running Wilde : Nothing really wrong with the episode but I'm not going to judge it untill I've watched the next couple of episodes. Never laughed much but I didn't mind the episode.

Archived