The US TV Thread: 2010 Season

Chaka Demus

Mike & Molly - Actually pretty sharp for a comedy about fat people basically. Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory) is exec producer so that doesn't hurt.

Swoosie Kurtz is always awesome too, and Katy Mixon from Eastbound is in it and she's dirty. I seem to find a lot of women dirty these days but you know. Not my fault.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What night was New Two and a Half Men on? Or was that on download from the States?

I think everything from this thread is downloaded from the States.

Looking forward to getting into Boardwalk empire, like Ebb and Cobra said it will be different for me to follow a show from HBO in real time instead of doing a Wire and Sopranos binge on DVD.

Undercovers was pretty good. Nice mixture of comedy and action. I can't decide if it's worth sticking around though. Nice tidy pilot but I can't see it becoming a massive hit if it's basically Chuck with a black couple running a restaurant. But then again Chuck is one of my favourite shows and it's in season 4, so who knows?

Undercovers and Lone Star are the early favourites to become the first victim of the dreaded axe. Undercovers posted a shitty 2.0 rating last night in a relativley weak hour and Lone Star delivered such terrible ratings that there might not even be a 2nd episode.

Undercovers - Shockingly unoriginal and forgettable. I don't know what I expected but it wasn't that. Certainly the biggest let down of the new season so far for me. I'll stick with it for a few weeks if it actually stays on air but it wasn't good.

Raising Hope - Stupid premise but I love Garret Dillahunt so I will watch it just for him.

Also dropped The Whole Truth, Lone Star, and Outlaw .. just can't be bothered with them. Range from mediocre to down right shit.

Potential for some complete stinkers tonight with (Shit) My Dad Says, Outsourced and My Generation.

Yes, Outlaw was the mediocre, and The Whole Truth was the shit .. like literally.

I just dont have quite as much time to watch stuff this year as I usually do, so I'm being a little fussier than I normally would be.

Means I can't afford to watch a million police/law/etc shows.

Just watched "Outsourced" and was very impressed. No audience or canned laughter which is seen as a bit of a risk but it paid off. a few laugh out loud moments in the first episode can't be harful at all. They have a good mix of characters that all have potential to have good back stories for future episodes. It felt very much like watching the start of a new long running comedy, infact bits of it reminded me of Scrubs, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Best comedy of the new season so far, only risk is that Americans may not like the (very few considering the premise) Indian accents and the fact it pokes fun at their country. Hopefully it stays around, I see a lot of promise.

Next up, Shit My Dad Says which I expect to be an absolute disaster.

I tried Running Wilde too, only laughed at the inevitable "I've made a huge mistake" line. I can bet GOB 2.0 does a chicken dance next week. Plus I did kinda get a kick out of hearing The Price is Right theme.

Won't be watching anything this year I don't think.

Archived