Merzbow Posted May 19 Posted May 19 (edited) You can change the controller settings on the Switch itself for that game, I set it up so it plays like a modern day dual stick FPS. https://support.nintendo.com/ph/switch2/mastery/accessibility/index.html#button Edited May 19 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted May 20 Paid Members Posted May 20 Me and my wife are playing through Final Fantasy VII again after going through it last year (her first time). Last year we did the original PS1 version on a CRT for the authentic feel, but this time we're on the upgraded version on XBOX with the 3X speed and stuff. Loving it again, and since my wife is acclimatised to Final Fantasy now she's wanting to do all the stuff we skipped last time like Chocobo breeding, the Weapons, Limit Breaks, etc. We got Aerith's limit breaks before she gets killed off which in of itself is a fun thing to try and get done. Up to the point now where we got the airship and can go mooching. I picked up an S-Video cable for the Dreamcast too which should be coming today or tomorrow. Excited to see what difference that makes to image quality, as I heard good things. One thing I do enjoy doing, and could probably go in the Dull Man's thread, is I like to go back in time on Google Maps/Earth and check out places I used to hang out or know, that have since been demolished and replaced by new build estates. This includes, but is not limited to, my secondary school, my local garden centre and the area behind it where they used to run a car boot. I sent my Brother a screenshot to show my Mam, circled in an exact spot saying "show Mam this and tell her this is where she bought a cartridge only copy of Sonic & Knuckles and felt bad because the woman only asked for 50p so she gave her £1". Within a 5 minute walk from my house I used to have a garden centre, car boot and giant field for dog walking and now I have two housing estates and a crematorium. Sucksss. Quote
DazzM Posted May 21 Posted May 21 Has anyone bought one of those retro gaming dealies that always show up on Facebook adverts? They look cracking, but I can't help but think they're probably easy to do yourself, and I'm frightened about them potentially being a scam. Anybody got any reviews or suggestions? Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted May 21 Paid Members Posted May 21 On 5/19/2026 at 1:06 PM, Dr. Alan Grant said: My foolish need for a new gadget has put me in the mood to buy a Retroid Pocket. Now I’m trying to justify the cost by telling myself I can play Luigi’s Mansion on it. Does anyone here have one? Are they worth it? I have a Retroid Pocket 6 and it’s a superb piece of hardware. The stock launcher is terrible but I easily switched to Beacon. Sorry if that’s bad news for your wallet, though. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted May 22 Paid Members Posted May 22 20 hours ago, DazzM said: Has anyone bought one of those retro gaming dealies that always show up on Facebook adverts? They look cracking, but I can't help but think they're probably easy to do yourself, and I'm frightened about them potentially being a scam. Anybody got any reviews or suggestions? Not one of those, but I did pick up a couple of Anbernic models on Aliexpress. I have the one that looks like a Sega Nomad because I like the layout for fighting games. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 22 Posted May 22 The Facebook ones just taken from AliExpress with a high mark-up, honestly been tempted to buy a few and set up good SD cards and better game selections to sell. Quote
westlondonmist Posted May 22 Posted May 22 On 5/21/2026 at 11:02 AM, DazzM said: Has anyone bought one of those retro gaming dealies that always show up on Facebook adverts? They look cracking, but I can't help but think they're probably easy to do yourself, and I'm frightened about them potentially being a scam. Anybody got any reviews or suggestions? I'd say most of them are overpriced, they charge like £100 for one you can easily get for £50-60 with loads of games on. My mate has an Anernic Rg35xx he said he just copied the games on the sd to a decent sd card and it worked out the box and easy to add. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 22 Posted May 22 The Facebook ones are only for people that aren't aware of anything else, so it pops up and they're like "wow!" but they're definitely overpriced for what they are. Quote
DazzM Posted May 22 Posted May 22 I'll maybe pick up something and try myself, or do some digging for a cheaper one. I'm very intregued. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted May 22 Paid Members Posted May 22 3 minutes ago, DazzM said: I'll maybe pick up something and try myself, or do some digging for a cheaper one. I'm very intregued. I bought an R36S for my wife and just did the whole “copy everything to a decent SD card” thing. It works well but she only ended up playing Marioland 2 and Sea Traders of Taipan, not sure how well it handles newer gen stuff. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 22 Posted May 22 The R36S got so popular that there's a lot of dodgy clones out now, the Boyhom store on AliExpress is likely the best place to get a legit one still. I think it's the actually producer of the console. I do wonder if there's a new king of the cheap as shit handheld though, been a while since I last kept up with all that. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted May 22 Paid Members Posted May 22 3 hours ago, hallicks said: I bought an R36S for my wife and just did the whole “copy everything to a decent SD card” thing. It works well but she only ended up playing Marioland 2 and Sea Traders of Taipan, not sure how well it handles newer gen stuff. I have the nano somewhere, and it always amazed me that I could play Gran Turismo on a 1.5" screen. I did have it on one of my lanyards at one point so I could fire up Pokémon Crystal whenever I had a spare moment. I do have one that doubles as a power bank, the emulation is weird. Can't do SNES for toffee, but give it a Neo Geo game or something done on the CPS2 board and it's nigh on perfect. Very strange. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 22 Posted May 22 6 minutes ago, Jazzy G said: Can't do SNES for toffee, but give it a Neo Geo game or something done on the CPS2 board and it's nigh on perfect. Very strange. SNES architecture is far more difficult to emulate than those arcade boards despite them being more powerful, most of the old emulators weren't actually very accurate at all and used hacks and workarounds to get games playing. I remember it being a near miracle when they finally got Star Ocean emulated! Quote
TibBo Posted May 26 Posted May 26 Found Wrestlefest in a Torquay arcade for 20p a go today! Jobbed to my kid in the rumble. Think it’s the first time he’s ever had to abbreviate his name to 3 letters for the hi-scores before. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.