Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 17 Paid Members Posted February 17 27 minutes ago, BigJag said: Would a Steam Deck be compatible with controllers from 8 Bit Do and other manufacturers? I guess a PS 4 controller may also be compatible. Almost any bluetooth controller works. I’ve used an Xbox controller, PS5 and recently, just to see if it worked, the Switch 2 control pad (it did, no issues there) Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted February 17 Paid Members Posted February 17 Rumour is that Friday week for Pokémon day they're announcing the release of Fire Red/Leaf Green on Switch, not as part of the Switch online stuff. Vicky has already bagsied herself playing Red if it happens. Might try a nuzlocke. Although I have an Anbernic somewhere that would probably be better for that. Also think they're missing a trick not releasing a little collection with Silver/Sapphire/leaf green and one with gold/emerald/fire red. Maybe a special one with Yellow, Crystal and emerald. Make them £30-35 a pop. You know some people would pay out for all three. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted February 17 Posted February 17 4 minutes ago, Jazzy G said: Rumour is that Friday week for Pokémon day they're announcing the release of Fire Red/Leaf Green on Switch, not as part of the Switch online stuff. Vicky has already bagsied herself playing Red if it happens. Might try a nuzlocke. Although I have an Anbernic somewhere that would probably be better for that. Also think they're missing a trick not releasing a little collection with Silver/Sapphire/leaf green and one with gold/emerald/fire red. Maybe a special one with Yellow, Crystal and emerald. Make them £30-35 a pop. You know some people would pay out for all three. They really could make so much money with CastleVania style collections. Red/Blue/Yellow , Gold/Silver/Chrystal etc. People would surely fork out £25-40 quid? Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted February 17 Paid Members Posted February 17 32 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: They really could make so much money with CastleVania style collections. Red/Blue/Yellow , Gold/Silver/Chrystal etc. People would surely fork out £25-40 quid? I think it'd be a smarter model to either stick each title out separately for £8-10 each, or a compilation featuring one title from each generation (either 3 or 4 games depending on whether they'd want to use the gen 1 remakes) so two people could buy them and trade between the versions for a full dex. Thr other idea I had was to include them with Nintendo Online family subscriptions? Quote
westlondonmist Posted February 20 Posted February 20 Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'll probably just steer clear for now. I might get a Steam Deck in the future, I don't have the money for that and a Switch 2 and not really the time to set it up and find all the games for it right now but hopefully will sooner rather than later. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted February 20 Paid Members Posted February 20 If you have a Switch 2. Can't that be modded to run emulators? Quote
westlondonmist Posted February 20 Posted February 20 (edited) 1 hour ago, BigJag said: If you have a Switch 2. Can't that be modded to run emulators? Would write off any warranty though. Would rather fuck around with my Switch. Edited February 20 by westlondonmist Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted February 20 Paid Members Posted February 20 I think the Switch has quite a well developed emulator scene. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted February 20 Posted February 20 1 hour ago, BigJag said: I think the Switch has quite a well developed emulator scene. I think it is only the early Switch V1 models that are still unpatched, which can easily be turned into emulation machines (and also be loaded with dodgy proper Switch games). Later models, you need to open the things up and start soldering in mod chips. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted February 20 Paid Members Posted February 20 (edited) Thought I'd remove the first one for a change.. Edited February 20 by Jazzy G Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted February 20 Paid Members Posted February 20 Pokémon Fire Red & Leaf Green have officially been announced and are available for pre-order now on the e-shop, ahead of release next Friday. They're going to be £16.99. Each. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted February 20 Paid Members Posted February 20 Absolute con. They’ve got a service specifically for these games but they’ve decided they can make money off selling them instead with no upgrades or improvements. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted February 20 Paid Members Posted February 20 15 minutes ago, FLips said: Absolute con. They’ve got a service specifically for these games but they’ve decided they can make money off selling them instead with no upgrades or improvements. There had been speculation that they'd make them compatible with Pokémon Home or Bank or whatever that thing was there you could transfer your reliable old Charizard from the 3DS port of Pokémon Blue into the modern titles, but I don't even think they have that. I am also annoyed that rather than adding something as simple as a "choose language" option they're also selling them in 5 different languages. I was looking forward to doing a Nuzlocke in Spanish. Might have to pick up my Anbernic from storage and start on that instead. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 25 Posted February 25 I mean it won't be quite the same as chucking all my money into the machine but I'll take it. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted February 26 Paid Members Posted February 26 It looks good. Might be a decent price as well. I remember the home ports of that Captain America & The Avengers game being terrible, but I think I managed to drag myself through the Megadrive version. Konami were second only to Capcom in the beat em up stakes when that X-Men game was out, I just wish they'd stick a home version of the Sega Spider-Man arcade game out, It's so overlooked. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.