Paid Members Onyx2 Posted Tuesday at 04:04 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 04:04 PM 19 minutes ago, BigJag said: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/18VTFU7n6P/ At £99.99 this is tempting. The games have been butchered. Missing characters, Chopped up cut scenes. The cabinet is nice. Very tempting. I've read your post 8 times and I still can't understand whether you like it or not. You describe a load of bad things (though it looks identical from the screenshots (cutscenes?!)) and then say it's tempting. What gives, Jaggers? Quote
Merzbow Posted Tuesday at 04:29 PM Posted Tuesday at 04:29 PM I wouldn't touch it, personally. It's just not a well made little machine even compared to the Arcade 1-UP, and not really well moddable either. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted Tuesday at 06:29 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 06:29 PM Merzbow summed it up quite well. This item even at £99.99 isn't great value. The aesthetics are what initially attracted me . It'd look fantastic in a man cave setting. The games had to be adjusted due to licensing issues. And therefore are not a strong selling point for me. I'll be better off having something custom made utilising a MAME system. Quote
westlondonmist Posted Tuesday at 07:03 PM Posted Tuesday at 07:03 PM https://arcadegeeks.co.uk/products/2-player-bartop-arcade-machine-wrestlefest That could be better, or just order something and decorate yourself. Quote
Richie Freebird Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Not sure what the threshold is for retro, but this entry is approx. 14 years old at this point. Has anyone ever played Namco's Dark Escape 3D? Genuinely the most physically unsettling game I've ever tried. Its a sit-inside, twin mounted gun experience (with 3D glasses wired in to really make the horrific monsters pop out). Gusts of wind, vibrating seats and blood curdling screams definitely leave the player disorientated by the time you finish the game. The monsters are really creatively disgusting. Shades of HR Giger in some of the anatomical work. 100% reccomend. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted 3 hours ago Paid Members Posted 3 hours ago Oh they had that at our Hollywood Bowl as recently as maybe 2021? Really great experience! My mates didn’t warn me about the gusts of wind so I didn’t warn them about the big puddle of piss I’d left in there. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted 2 hours ago Paid Members Posted 2 hours ago 1 hour ago, Richie Freebird said: Has anyone ever played Namco's Dark Escape 3D? Genuinely the most physically unsettling game I've ever tried. Its a sit-inside, twin mounted gun experience (with 3D glasses wired in to really make the horrific monsters pop out). Gusts of wind, vibrating seats and blood curdling screams definitely leave the player disorientated by the time you finish the game. The monsters are really creatively disgusting. Shades of HR Giger in some of the anatomical work. 100% reccomend. That sounds really cool. VR Zone in Tokyo had something similar, and I was trying to find out exactly what the game was called but it just seems to have been a horror-themed VR escape room. You played it in pairs and it culminated in one of you (in the virtual world) being kidnapped and strapped in a chair alongside loads of others, getting killed one by one by the killers, with a live map on the wall, as you tried to guide your partner to save you. It was honestly the most stressful game experience I’ve ever had! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.