Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought the Owen Hart "Hart of Gold" DVD on release yesterday and have watched the documentary up to the Hart Foundation reunion in 1997.

Although the DVD has been widely played down because of the limitations that the WWE were working under, it is a very good documentary with interesting clips, interviews and appreciation of how Owen's wrestling style was something new to many people.

I am looking forward to finishing the documentary and watching the matches which include contests from Stampede and WCW as well as WWF

• Paid Members

I watched the "first look" version on the network last night. There were a lot of home video type clips from the road and autograph signings. No idea where they've come from but it makes you wonder what footage WWE have up their sleeve.

It was OK but the talking heads were so unbelievably cheesey. Now maybe Owen really was this happy dude who never frowned and made everyone smile all the time but it just comes off so phoney. They did this thing where they link a load of clips of people telling the same story and they all had the same happy, dreamy, faraway look on their faces. It was crepy really.

Spliced in old footage from dead talking heads too. Now that was creepy.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose this topic is as good as any to write this:

I rarely buy ppv events on dvd or blu ray these days due to subscribing to the Network.

But on wwedvd.co.uk they had a thing back in September saying "Pre-order SummerSlam 2015 on dvd or blu ray to be entered into a draw to win a signed Steel Chair from the event".

As I had attended the event I thought that would be a good keepsake so I duly Pre-ordered the blu ray and hoped for the best.

It was released in late September, and I kept my eye on their Twitter and website to see if the winner had been announced.

A month later at the end of October I DM'd them on Twitter asking if it had been drawn yet. They replied saying no.

A week later I sent another asking "how about now?".

The reply said: "not yet. You'll see the announcement when it's made!".

That was 2 months ago and I'm starting to wonder if the prize even existed.

Plenty of other competitions have come and gone since then with winners announced.

Is it worth pursuing this any further?

• Awards Moderator

We legit used to get them at Silver Vision, WWE would send two I think. So it's not unbelievable that they existed, but possibly they got given away internally to corporate clients by mistake...

Just finished the documentary on Owen's DVD. When they talk about Montreal there's a part where Triple H is talking out of his ass when he claimed that Owen was ready to go to work on Raw the next night as usual because he knew it was business. Well according to Meltzer's reports apparently Owen actually refused to go back to work for a few weeks after the screwjob. Which was proven as he didn't return until the DX PPV in December.

• 2 months later...

- WrestlingDVDNetwork.com has revealed the following matches for WWE's "Living on a Razor's Edge: The Scott Hall Story" DVD and Blu-ray that comes out on July 5th:

* Scott Hall vs. Michael ‘P.S.’ Hayes, AWA 11/19/1985

* Razor Ramon vs. Bret Hart, WWE Title Match at Royal Rumble 1993

* Razor vs. Shawn Michaels, WWE Intercontinental Title Match, 9/1/1993

* Hall vs. Sting, WCW Title Match at WCW Uncensored 1998

* Razor's WWE Hall of Fame induction

• 3 weeks later...

Oh right, it's my job to tell you what's on the DVD?

Well, the info that's so hard to find on the internet says:

Ultimate Warrior vs. Owen Hart

Yokozuna vs. The Sultan

Shawn Michaels vs. Psycho Sid vs. Bret Hart

Dude Love vs. British Bulldog

Hardy Boyz vs. Lo Down

Nation of Domination vs. Steve Austin, Undertaker, Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie

The Rock vs. Ken Shamrock

Steve Austin & Cactus Jack vs. The Rock & D-Lo Brown

Steve Austin, Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie vs. The Rock & New Age Outlaws

Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels

Steve Austin vs. Undertaker

Steve Austin vs. Goldust

Steve Austin vs. Triple H

Plenty more still to be announced.

Archived