Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted December 5, 2013 Awards Moderator Posted December 5, 2013 (edited) That new Spider-Man trailer's really good, I caught the first one on Sky last Christmas and thought it was great, enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than any of the Raimi ones, and Andrew Garfield's excellent as Peter/Spidey. It'll be a cinema trip for this one, I think! Edited December 5, 2013 by HarmonicGenerator Quote
iamtheman Posted December 5, 2013 Posted December 5, 2013 from Bryan Singer's twitter #Xmen #Apocalypse 2016! Confirmed for May 27th 2016. I'll wait to see how days of future past turns out and there's no idea which cast members will be in it but still hyped, it's apocalypse, hard not to be Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted December 6, 2013 Moderators Posted December 6, 2013 Hopefully he gets someone else to direct it. Nothing but turds since X2. Quote
Guest Posted December 6, 2013 Posted December 6, 2013 Hopefully he gets someone else to direct it. Nothing but turds since X2. Which was the last one he directed, wasn't it? And first class was really good. Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted December 6, 2013 Moderators Posted December 6, 2013 Hopefully he gets someone else to direct it. Nothing but turds since X2. Which was the last one he directed, wasn't it? I meant Bryan Singer films in general. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted December 6, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 6, 2013 Hopefully he gets someone else to direct it. Nothing but turds since X2. Which was the last one he directed, wasn't it? And first class was really good. Yep Singer dropped out of X Men 3, and Brett Rattner took over and almost single-handedly killed the franchise. Wolverine Origins was pretty bad, but I thought The Wolverine was quite good. Quote
Paid Members quote the raven Posted December 6, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 6, 2013 from Bryan Singer's twitter #Xmen #Apocalypse 2016! Confirmed for May 27th 2016. I'll wait to see how days of future past turns out and there's no idea which cast members will be in it but still hyped, it's apocalypse, hard not to be Hmm seems to me that wolverine will change the past, comes back to the future to find apocalypse? Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted December 7, 2013 Awards Moderator Posted December 7, 2013 Just read a couple of introductions to Apocalypse on film websites, and I'm not sure how they'll do it. He sounds to me like one of those villains you get in comics that's a bit too powerful. I get you need to have your protagonists faced with overwhelming odds and be underdogs etc etc, but Apocalypse basically can't be beaten, can he? He's immortal, he can have any power he wants... how do you portray that, and the heroes winning, in a convincing way on-screen? Quote
Paid Members quote the raven Posted December 9, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 9, 2013 (edited) Just read a couple of introductions to Apocalypse on film websites, and I'm not sure how they'll do it. He sounds to me like one of those villains you get in comics that's a bit too powerful. I get you need to have your protagonists faced with overwhelming odds and be underdogs etc etc, but Apocalypse basically can't be beaten, can he? He's immortal, he can have any power he wants... how do you portray that, and the heroes winning, in a convincing way on-screen? Magneto once split Apocolypse in half in one of the comics. http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http...ved=0CDUQ9QEwAQ Edited December 9, 2013 by quote the raven Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted December 9, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 9, 2013 (edited) Apocalypse basically can't be beaten, can he? He's immortal, he can have any power he wants... how do you portray that, and the heroes winning, in a convincing way on-screen? Easy, make this fella the protagonist! Edited December 9, 2013 by PunkStep Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted December 9, 2013 Author Paid Members Posted December 9, 2013 Here's a pic that's just been released of a 20 year old Henry Cavill auditioning for Superman in 2004 for the movie that ended up being the terrible Superman Returns starring Brandon Routh. Pretty incredible that nearly 10 years later he finally got the role, I bet he was gutted when they didn't cast him back then but it certainly turned out for the best. I'm dreading the new TV series "Gotham" about police in Gotham city, I hate stuff like that, now they reveal it's going to have 10 year old Bruce Wayne in it, what's the fucking point? I love Batman but I have no desire to see a cop show set in the fictional city he lives in and I certainly don't need to see him as a child if the Phantom Menace taught us anything it's that taking a cool dark iconic character and showing them as a little pussy isn't cool. Gotham seeks a young Bruce Wayne Quote
Paid Members DEF Posted December 9, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 9, 2013 Here's a pic that's just been released of a 20 year old Henry Cavill auditioning for Superman in 2004 for the movie that ended up being the terrible Superman Returns starring Brandon Routh. Pretty incredible that nearly 10 years later he finally got the role, I bet he was gutted when they didn't cast him back then but it certainly turned out for the best. I'm dreading the new TV series "Gotham" about police in Gotham city, I hate stuff like that, now they reveal it's going to have 10 year old Bruce Wayne in it, what's the fucking point? I love Batman but I have no desire to see a cop show set in the fictional city he lives in and I certainly don't need to see him as a child if the Phantom Menace taught us anything it's that taking a cool dark iconic character and showing them as a little pussy isn't cool. Gotham seeks a young Bruce Wayne Gotham Central is a tremendous book. If its half as good as that then it will be well worth a watch. Young Bruce Wayne doesn't set my world on fire but the cop show aspect could be amazing. Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted December 9, 2013 Moderators Posted December 9, 2013 It'll be shit, though. It'll be aimed at teenagers and it'll be shit. But it won't matter, because it'll last one season, if that, then get cancelled and forgotten. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted December 9, 2013 Moderators Posted December 9, 2013 Smallville was shit buy that stuck around for ages. If it actually was anything like Gotham Central though, that would be pretty fantastic. Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted December 9, 2013 Moderators Posted December 9, 2013 That shit flies on the CW, but on Fox? Their shitty SHIELD show is already half-dead. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.