Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
Orlando Bloom as Batman?

Fuck off.

Yeah, I really can't see it.

Apparently Jeffrey Dean Morgan is in contention too now.

Scott Adkins has definitely auditioned and from the pic below he looks pretty decent, don't know him as an actor though and I don't fancy his chances getting the role.

3069068-1096586437-scott.jpg

Christian Bale has been offered 50 million to reprise the role apparently and as Chris Nolan is still attached in some capacity I can see him taking it.

Exciting stuff, can't wait to find out who gets it, I'm just glad it's not going to be Joseph Gordon_Levitt.

Also Vin Diesel finally revealed which Marvel Role he has... Groot the tree man in Guardians of the Galaxy.

• Paid Members

Bale is truly mental if he turns down that money. Not sure they need him for the film, though, as people are paying to see the characters and not the actors.

The Orlando Bloom rumour is surely the blokes agent playing the game. It's a bit of change from the "we're casting an older Batman" talk.

• Paid Members
guardians-of-the-galaxy-sdcc-03-rocket-raccoon.gif

guardians-of-the-galaxy-tweet-brett-white-wonderwoman.jpg

30 seconds of guradians of the galaxy footage

on a video on this link. getting more excited for this with everything that comes out

Did you see the pics taken yesterday on the Millenium Bridge in London?

• Paid Members

All casting rumours are bullshit. Go to any film on imdb and it has a list of actors that were 'considered' for the role. 90% of it is thrown out there by agencies trying to up their clients stock.

Guardians of the galaxy is looking like its going to be great fun. I'm only really familar the original version of the story but am keen to see how they fit it in to the marvel film universe. Also the cast is insane

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

I've been pretty vocal in my dislike for many aspects of the Nolan/Bale Batman films (especially the last one which I detested) but I never had a bad word to say about Christian Bale as Batman, he's one of my favourite actors anyway but I thought he was great. I'd like it if he put the cowl on again for this film as with it being a Superman vs Batman film there'd simply be no room for the bullshit that ruined the last film for me, you wouldn't get hours of him retired/injured/imprisoned and generally not being Batman, especially after the backlash from the last film (although obviously it has it's fans). It would be him as Batman in a slightly more comic like fantasy setting fighting and teaming up with my beloved Cavill Superman. Sounds good to me.

I'm still totally down for an all new Batman though, not Orlando Bloom though.

Please let bales batman go!

They ended it with him retired, broken down and skint.

No way to move onto superman vs and later the justice league with a old bale!

Recast, my shout Michael Fassbender

while I wouldn't be against Fassbender getting the role, my money is on him being the next James Bond and doubt he would be able to sign on to do both

Bale is truly mental if he turns down that money. Not sure they need him for the film, though, as people are paying to see the characters and not the actors.

I really think The Avengers has proved that wrong though. How crap would it have been if there'd been no Robert Downey, Chris Hemsworth, Samuel L Jackson and Jeremy Renner? Marvel's great trick has been the casting and continuity. It's just a pity they found their Hulk on the 3rd try, but I don't want to see anyone else but Mark Ruffalo play that part now, he aced it.

Batman needs recasting. It's that simple. The only way to have it carried on from the Nolan trilogy would either spend a chunk of the film undoing what was done in TDKR, having JGL as Batman (egkh...), or setting it somewhere in the middle of the Nolan timeline. Frankly though, it doesn't really matter to me - with the exception of TDK, I thought the Nolan films were confused, badly edited, and needlessly mucked around with established characters or ignored its own inner mythology. I always thought it was a missed opportunity not including the fear gas in TDKR - it would have had a simple continuity with the League of Shadows actions in the first film, but I'd have had that as the gas that kept Bane going (being regularly exposed to it making him utterly fearless, allowing him to push his body further physically as well as negating Batman's main weapon. Plus if Batman dislodged Bane's mask and got a blast of the gas himself, he could hallucinate and see the cartoon-style Bane we all know). A new spin on Batman is a better idea, I think, because it gives you more intriguing possibilities. I've put my hat on Jon Hamm for ages, but I've also heard Josh Brolin is a possibility, which could be cool.

A connected film might be strange anyway, simply because these new versions seem to be swapped round somewhat - Superman is supposed to be the Big Blue Boy Scout while Bats is the rogue vigilante, but the Nolan films have Supes as the law-unto-himself hero while Batman is the advocate of strong policing. Weird.

Guardians of the Galaxy is actually the only Marvel film coming up that's got me genuinely excited. It just sounds mental, and the fact I don't know so much about the characters and story helps!

Marvel really have got the edge over DC when it comes to these films. DC has always the truly iconic triple threat of Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman, but Marvel just seems to be able to move with the times a lot faster. Kevin Feige's business model has been unreal, but it's worked because they've managed to stay true to the source material, hence pleasing the fanboys, include recognisable if not star faces to draw in casuals, and get writers nod directors who aren't necessarily known for big blockbusters but are known for their styles. Thor needs Shakespearean gravitas updated for the modern era? Get Branagh! Captain America is a retro wartime Boys Own adventure? Get the guy who worked on the Indiana Jones films and made the Rocketeer! Avengers has to juggle a big ensemble and sci fi spectacle? Whedon does that!

I never saw Snyder as a good fit - it seemed like DC knew he did big budget special FX blockbusters, and that was it. I didn't rate Man of Steel (I could see why many liked it, but he wasn't MY Superman). The superhero movie boom has been running for over a decade now; surely it can't be long til the bubble bursts? If DC tries to copy Marvel's model, I think it might totally saturate the market, plus I think it'd be just plain lazy, doing exactly what the competition is doing. This continuity trick is only a recent thing - you don't need it to establish a cast of charcters if the script is up to snuff.

But if DC are reading this (yeah), get Bruce Timm involved!

Edited by CavemanLynn

• Paid Members

I really think The Avengers has proved that wrong though. How crap would it have been if there'd been no Robert Downey, Chris Hemsworth, Samuel L Jackson and Jeremy Renner? Marvel's great trick has been the casting and continuity. It's just a pity they found their Hulk on the 3rd try, but I don't want to see anyone else but Mark Ruffalo play that part now, he aced it.

Robert Downey Jr carries the whole Marvel superhero franchise on his back. Everyone knows this.

I agree about Downey Jr, but I'd argue he is a special case, though, seeing as Iron Man was nowhere near the iconic character Batman is (and still isn't). You just need to look at the amount of blokes that have successfully played Batman (to big money) to realise it's the character folk are arsed about. It's the same with Bond, the character is the attraction, they just need to get the casting right and make a good film.

I guess my point is, Batman v Superman will sell if Bale is in the suit or not.

Edited by Blackson Jackson