Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I know a multi hundred million dollar film and a sexy millionaire oscar winning actor really don't need me white knighting them but I'm disappointed in the mostly negative reaction to the announcement of Ben Affleck taking the role of Batman.

 

I bet Warner Bros and Affleck thought everyone would be blown away by the announcement of the newly credible filmmaker taking over one of the biggest roles in movies but everyone seems to want to shit on things before it's even possible to give them a chance. There seems to be an automatic backlash for so many things these days it's depressing, can't people just wait and see and hope to be impressed? I hated Iron Man 3 and The Dark Knight Rises but I was at the cinema as soon as they came out hoping they'd be awesome.

 

Obama asked to stop Ben Affleck playing Batman

 

Affleck already training for Batman role

 

How Ben Affleck was cast as Batman

 

Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling were both offered the role and passed on it. Ben has signed for multiple films

  • Paid Members
Posted

That starts to explain why everyone thought he was going to direct a Justice League movie a while back. Wonder if he still might? I doubt it like.

Posted (edited)

 

The kickstarter funded documentary on the burton/cage movie that never was. Not due while next summer but I wish the guy the best for it

Edited by iamtheman
  • Paid Members
Posted
Yes it got made! I really want to see that documentary and it looks like they managed to get Nic Cage involved too which is awesome, can't wait.

 

What makes you think they got Cage involved? The only footage they have if him is from a press junket. Bit worried about the quality of the trailer to be honest.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I just heard his unmistakable drawl & assumed he was speaking especially for it. If it's really crappy & cheap and doesn't talk to the key people that's a real shame because properly done it could've been awesome.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Totally agree. I think the doc will live or die on if they can get any input from Burton or Cage. I honestly can't see either agreeing to it.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Grant Gustin (apparently from Glee) is going to be playing The Flash in season 2 of Arrow and in his own spin off series, possibly in the Justice League too I guess if the show's a hit.

 

Grant_Gustin.jpg

 

I didn't write that on the pic.

  • Paid Members
Posted
I didn't write that on the pic.

 

Yes you did.

 

I wait til I've seen them in costume til I start openly fantasising about them, give it 6 months.

 

But seriously folks, this dude definitely looks more Glee than Superhero to me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

If this hasn't just been released I have no idea how I haven't seen it til now, here's Christian Bale auditioning for Batman Begins wearing one of the suits from one of the Schumacher films. Don't think it's a particularly great audition if I'm being honest but I thought Bale was the best thing about the Batman films he was in and seeing this footage is fun.

 

Christian Bale's Batman audition

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...