Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I'm a big fan of that Billy Zane movie, and Phantom 2040 was my jam as a kid as well.

Plus that Alec Baldwin Shadow movie is great ha

Any excuse to bust this out.

Films don't have power ballard tie-ins any more  :(

Even Super Mario brothers got Roxette

• Paid Members

Even Super Mario brothers got Roxette

That song's one of my biggest guilty pleasures. It really got inside me when I was a kid, and stuck with me. Love it, possibly even more than Roxette's more famous songs. Just made me think "That's what love feels like" long before I would have any possible idea what love feels like. Brilliant.

Fuck all appropriate to Mario though.

• Paid Members

Was watching the new "Fantastic Four" film on NowTV last night. What a fecking horrendous film. Unbelievable. How the f*ck was it released in that state? Jeezo. I bet it made a bazillion dollars though.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Was watching the new "Fantastic Four" film on NowTV last night. What a fecking horrendous film. Unbelievable. How the f*ck was it released in that state? Jeezo. I bet it made a bazillion dollars though.

The only thing (no pun intended) it had going for it was Kate Mara.

• Paid Members

It's crazy how much is wrong with it. Not just as a comic book film but as a film in general. The first two thirds seems to be going somewhere and then they just chuck an ending on it, none of the characters have any sort of personality or interaction, there's barely any action. It just fails at everything. Really want to see what the original cut of it looks like.

• Awards Moderator

Cost $120m, took $167m worldwide. (Box Office Mojo)

That's fucking catastrophic for a Summer superhero film. There's a rough guide you should allow twice the budget in marketing and promotion so that clearly puts it in flop territory. Compare that to Ant Man which came out two weeks earlier: $130m budget, $519m takings.

Edited by Onyx2

I believe the reshoots for FF are noticeable, as the lead actress has 2 different shades of blonde hair on odd scenes; her natural colour in the originally shoot footage and then a straw blonde wig in the reshot footage.