Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

One thought I came out of the film with re : certification - what the hell do you need to do to get an 18 these days???

Strong sex, rape and racial abuse are pretty much garantueed 18s. As for violence it seems to depend on the tone of the film. If it's a comic book film they can get away with a 15, but the exact same violence in a serious film will get you an 18.

Not sure if people have seen, but I've seen a lot of people (I presume from the states) complaining about deadpool because they took a child with them to see it....despite being an R rated movie hah.

And re: the certification of a movie: I would agree it depends on the tone. In a serious film, this stuff is done with "intent" I suppose, so its deemed to be more violent?

• Paid Members

Got back from seeing Deadpool before, fucking loved it. Ryan Reynolds has to be the most perfect casting for a Marvel character in film since Robert Downey Jr was chosen to play Iron Man.

I've been reading Deadpool in the comics in Reynolds' voice for ages. Being a fan of the character no doubt helped him in his portrayal but yeah, superb.

• Paid Members

Not the kind of thing I'm precious about, but I swore off any new DC comics when they did the New 52 — I've been a fan for a long time, and I just can't be doing with all that history being tossed away. They killed my true comicbook love, The Legion of Superheroes, a long time ago, and they gradually wore me down to a point of not wanting to read their comics anymore.