Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

• Paid Members
Something has been brewing for a while though regarding our financial situation. Our owner is apparently due in court in the near future over some financial irregularities with his own business and there are rumours that he wants to flog the club. Apparently, Adam Pearson of Hull fame is rumoured to be interested. Heard anything Rick?

Only saw what was reported in the Daily Mirror, which AP has refuted. I'm glad. He saved us in 2001 when we were heading for disaster, took us to the Championship, sold us when he couldn't take us any further which led to our PL adventure and then came back and saved us from liquidation a second time. He is God.

"There's no substance to it at all," he said. "I'm really enjoying working here.

"Working with the new owners (the Allam family), who have been great, and Nigel, who has been fantastic, is something I'm enjoying.

"I've no intention of going anywhere."

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Final Scoring for the Texaco UKFF Fantasy League

1 Rich Hopkins Super Buster Team Go 650

2 Alan Ravenhill Ravenhill Hotspurs 625

3 Chris Griffin Olosmurd Knarfenna 574

4 Craig Daniels When Saturday Comes 498

5 Richard Leaney Number 1 was Peter Ward... 487

6 Neil Donohoe The White Army 427

7 Jake Quittenden Yellow Army 410

8 Adam Browne Brownes Owls 386

9 Steve Down Doomsday United 330

10 Darren Hanley dAz9028 Ultimate 11 292

11 stuart siviter FC Sparta 291

12 Gareth Maybury Istvan Kozma XI 276

13 Alex Dale The Cheap Sheep 266

14 Rick Skelton 11 Iain Ashbees 231

Seems I won for the 2nd year in a row :p

I actually forgot all about that fantasy league....but damn you to hell Rich Hopkins!!

Happy with the result today, I wanted a victory but after 10 minutes I was begging for a draw. Neither side deserved to win but the ref was on our side through out the game so I guess Reading fans may feel a bit cheated. How ever there were no big costly mistakes made by the ref so no one can feel that hard done by.

• Paid Members

I'm very nervous about the second leg tonight.

Shame that Neil Taylor didn't win his appeal, but I can't see it affecting our team too much tonight. I'm going for cautious optimism and saying a 1-0 win.

How would we rate our seasons then? It'll be interesting to read what everybody thinks about their teams past 10 months.

• Paid Members

I just pray that the 2nd legs are entertaining. Cardff-Reading was atrocious. Forest-Swansea was alright but lacked quality where it matters. League One served up two cracking games. The League Two games were pretty one-sided for the most part.

Sorry brownie but I quite fancy a score draw tonight!

• Paid Members

I thought last year there was an away goals rule? I seem to recall the commentators for the Forest/Blackpool game mention it or something.

Still fancy Swansea to do it tonight, the Liberty will be absolutely rocking I reckon. Borini to score the only goal of the game to take brownie lad to Wembley.

If Swansea or Cardiff do come up, will something change in regards to which FA governs them?

As I understand it, they are governed by the Welsh FA, so they would have to deal with any disciplinary or anything like that.

I might be a bit ignorant here as it's not something i've read a lot into, but wondering if new laws come in once you leave the football league for the premier league.

• Paid Members

The atmosphere is really building here. Forest fans are very expectant, at least those i've spoken to are.

Should be a good game this evening. Here's hoping we get to the third minute with all 11 men on the pitch.

In case we lose, my physical address is..........

• Paid Members

Superb game tonight. Swansea well deserved it in the end but rode their luck. First half hour was superb but I kinda drifted off second half because it looked all over. Credit to Forest for coming back into it. I thought Earnshaw had scored.

Why do 'keepers go up for corners and leave three players behind them? I can understand if the 'keeper is 6ft 8 but Lee Camp is a midge!

Swansea, even if they are Welsh and have gorilla's for fans, deserve credit for making it this far. We were in the bottom division with Swansea in the 03/04 season. Anything is possible. Don't you just love football?

I'm beyond gutted right now. I really thought we were going to get back level. Majewski should have been on the pitch from the start, as he's probably the only Forest player other than McGugan with the vision and ability to play Earnshaw in with a pass like that for the goal.

Well done to Swansea though. They deserve their place in the final.......just! It was awfully close for a while there. They are an excellent footballing side and I hope they go up now we're out of it.

Archived