Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

• Awards Moderator

What a bloody great game that was. I expected goals, but when that second went in I thought it'd be one-way traffic. Lovely to see Swansea go from almost losing their league position less than a decade ago to the Premier League, especially given how they approach their games. Nice one Swansea and nice one Brownie - get the ale in lad!

EDIT: Just like with the Abidal gesture on Saturday, it was a superb touch to see all Swansea players wearing the Besian Idrizaj t-shirts. Class.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
oh balls, at least 1 whole year of the crappy debates about "well if they let Swansea in why don't they let in Rangers & Celtic too"

For a while we can even play "If they finish top four, can they get an 'English' place in Champions League?"

• Paid Members

Excellent game. It could've been so different had Reading not hit the post as well, I think Reading would've actually gone on to nick it. But full credit to Swansea, they've been brilliant all season and fully deserve it. Brendan Rodgers has done a brilliant job. They've defended pretty poorly throughout the play-offs in fairness, but just like against Forest they made the opposition pay for not taking their chances.

brownie must be slaughtered by this point.

• Paid Members

Forgive my total lack of dignity:

WE. ARE. PREMIER. LEAGUE!

What a rollercoaster, i'm emotionally drained from seeing us race into an unbeatable lead, only for Reading to nearly beat it, until we finally finished them off. I'll admit to being in tears at the final whistle, because I was there the day we beat Hull to escape relegation to the Conference. Now, we'll line up against Man Utd, Chelsea and Norwich in the biggest league of them all.

Today is not a day for being realistic, so I won't mention our appalling defending, lack of muscle and the fact that we're simply going to have the ball kicked over our heads next year. All I will say is Brendan, please sign up for next year!

I will say this, i'm going to miss regularly posting in this thread. Better go and introduce myself to Metal On Metal.

We love you Swansea, we do............

It best be someone of that kind of quality or I'm going to be really fucked off!

Seriously ridiculous decision(even though I suggested he should probably go earlier in the season if we didn't get promotion), especially if they haven't got anyone lined up!

On reflection he has made this club in the last few years, with year on year improvement! I'm gutted to see him go, can see him taking another championship team up at the first time of asking!

Apparently early favourite is Bellemy as a player manager which would be suicide!

Wanted to comment on this saturday but didn't get a chance.

Delighted for Stevenage. It's odd seeing a club that when i first moved to this area were deep rooted in non league football now in league one but fair play to them and i'm happy for the local area to see them prosper.

Is anyone else disappointed that none of the papers went for "Davy Jones Clears his Locker" for their headline today? I would have thought they jumped all over it especially with the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

A big well done to Swansea, it is remarkable that they have got to the Premier League when they were so close to falling into the non-league abyss. I was a bit shocked that Peterborough beat Huddersfield, I thought The Terriers were dead certs to win the match.

What an amazing day! Proud to say I shed tears of joy several times yesterday! My voice has totally gone from screaming yesterday! After the season we had I think nobody can really be-grudge us promotion.

Here's a video when Sinclair scored his hat-trick, i'm the guy who looks like he's shagging his mate at 0:50 -

Who are we? JACK ARMY!!

Archived