Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm revelling in euphoria right now, so i'll just say that Forest fans were fantastic tonight and a credit to their club. Shame they have a manager who thinks it's acceptable to leave the 2 best players on the bench. Now to see who we'll get in the final.

Once i've calmed down (I was on the verge of a heart attack for the last 10 minutes) i'll post my full review of a famous night at The Liberty Stadium.

• Paid Members

Well done to Swansea, they did the business under pressure and that's basically what the play-offs are all about. I wouldn't totally count out Reading to make it past Cardiff though, but either way it's going to be a brilliant final.

• Paid Members

So, i've returned to normal and can now try to comment as objectively as possible on the game.

It was definately one of those occasions where Forest were never going to win. They hit the post, hit the bar and at the crucial moment when there is mere moments left and you're throwing everything at the defence, your goalkeeper is up in the opposition penalty area and the ball drops to you on the edge of the area.....the Forest player slipped over, leading Darren Pratley to score from 50 yards out. That 10 seconds summed it all up for Forest - they were never quite going to make it.

If I were a Forest fan, i'd be asking some serious questions of the manager. Rob Earnshaw was easily Forests best player in the first leg. He's rewarded for that by being left on the bench for 80 minutes - ludicrous management. If he'd started or even come on 10 minutes earlier, Forest may have forced the game into extra time. Big respect to Forest, they won't play that well and lose 3-1 very often.

As for us, i'm so so proud. The performance in the first leg was heroic and followed up by a superb attacking display in the second. We're still awful defensively, but I think we're 90 minutes away from the promised land. The spirit that we've shown is quite remarkable. We were a team with low morale and short on strike power 10 months ago. Now, we're at Wembley.

Ultimately though, it's all meaningless at this point, because we've got to beat Cardiff or Reading. Either game is going to mean ferocious support for Brendan Rodgers and in all honesty, i'd rather face Reading, just to back the manager against those that wronged him than I would face our biggest rivals in the biggest derby match we've had.

It's going to nice to sit down and watch the game tonight without being worried.

Just got back from the game now and I'm disappointed, not only in the lacklustre and sometimes bewildering City performance! We were in control for most of the game but just didnt know when to pull the trigger!

Then we make two ridiculous mistakes! What Bywater was thinking for the first goal I don't know, and that was a blatant penalty and probably a sending off! The third goal was the only one that City couldn't have done anything about!

I'm also dissaponted in the reaction of a lot of the Cardiff fans who just resorted to throwing things and trying to get off the pitch following the third goal, and perhaps worse, singing "your getting fired in the morning" to Dave Jones!

That man has taken city to such heights, and with the squad he had this season maybe should have taken us up, but with steady improvement each year and a squad that might actually play for him, I'd really like him to stay! I don't know who they could replace him with anyway!

• Paid Members

Some things in life are certain. The passage of time, aging, death, taxes, and Cardiff City failing year after year to make the Premiership. Perhaps next time they'll consider drinking after the season is over rather than on the eve of the end of the season.

I don't think he's a shit manager, but whats next for Dave Jones? Will he be kept on or will the owners finally lose patience?

If I were a Forest fan, i'd be asking some serious questions of the manager. Rob Earnshaw was easily Forests best player in the first leg. He's rewarded for that by being left on the bench for 80 minutes - ludicrous management. If he'd started or even come on 10 minutes earlier, Forest may have forced the game into extra time. Big respect to Forest, they won't play that well and lose 3-1 very often.

:confused: Earnshaw had an absolute shocker in the first leg.

• Paid Members

:confused: Earnshaw had an absolute shocker in the first leg.

Disagree. His movement and touch were quality. He created a lot of space for other players and had the measure of our defence for long periods. His finishing wasn't brilliant, but to say he had a shocker is wrong.

• Paid Members

Phenomenal game tonight. The three League One semi's have pissed all over the Championship. Tomorrow night should be brilliant.

I was torn tonight. I like Lee Clark a lot. Also respect what Bournemouth have done in the past two seasons. Feel mighty sorry for them.

Unrelated, Rob Earnshaw is gash.

I'm still upset about the Cardiff result. Reading deserved to win, Cardiff were catalysts of their own downfall, Dave Jones should not be sacked, more than half our squad will be gone next year and I hope Reading stuff Swansea.

Great semi final today though, I watched the Europa final on my tv and had the league 1 game muted on my laptop so I only properly watched extra time and pens. Great game, I wanted Bournemouth to win so sad to see they didn't get the result.

Archived