Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Zebra, heard any rumours about what the Cardiff players were up to before the Boro game?

BBC are reporting that Cardiff have an 'internal disciplinery' incident at the moment, but no specifics.

What's the word?

Zebra, heard any rumours about what the Cardiff players were up to before the Boro game?

BBC are reporting that Cardiff have an 'internal disciplinery' incident at the moment, but no specifics.

What's the word?

I heard they were out on the piss 2 days before the game. Not sure if anything else happened and I guess it's frowned upon but the story probably wouldn't have seen the light of day had they not gotten bummed against their will by Boro.

FA have delayed the QPR decision that was due on Friday - Why not just promote them have them start the season on a negative points total?

hope they announce it just after the game on saturday

will they be getting the trophy afterwards if they havent announced anything by then?

• Paid Members

So, back to back promotions is pretty tidy. But it appears that a certain team that play in blue and white in Suffolk are out to trounce us.

Guess this is the right place to post this fascinating tidbit of information. Lowestoft Town just reached the play-off final for their region, with the winning team progressing into the Conference South. Victory in said play-off final will give Lowestoft their THIRD promotion on the bounce as they rocket up the football league pyramid. Congrats to them and the very best of luck. Ex canary-Craig Fleming works for them as has played a big part in their rise up the local leagues. They're a well run club and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Football League in a few years or so if they keep up the good work.

While I'm here, my thoughts on QPR: I believe they should absolutely definately be punished in some capacity, but I think it'd be quite harsh to strip them of their title and their promotion, or both. Many would deem it a fair course of action and a punishment in the vain of a points deduction would actually be consistent on the part of the FA who have handed out similar deductions in recent years. Still, as nice as officially winning the title would be, QPR have certainly been worthy champions of the division this season.

Coventry tomorrow, and the chance to party like it's 2004. Wetherspoons on Riverside will be absolutely rocking.

Holla!

Can anyone tell me anything about how any Liverpool loanees have been doing?

Dani Pacheco @ Norwich

Dani Ayala @ Derby (previously Hull)

David Amoo @ Hull

Nathan Eccleston @ Charlton

Stephen Darby @ Notts County

There's Brad Jones and Paul Konchesky, too, but I don't give a fuck about them. Particularly interested in how the two Spanish ladds have been getting on.

• Paid Members
Dani Ayala @ Derby (previously Hull)

David Amoo @ Hull

Ayala was outstanding at Hull. Very good defender. Brings the ball out of defence well but is rash once he crosses the half way line. Lots of talk of trying to bring him back here next season. We wanted him back in Feb but Roy Hodgson had scuppered the chances of that already. he had a good game for Derby against us too.

Amoo hasn't played much. I've seen him in the stiffs and he got a game last week. Obviously has lots of pace, technically not bad and crosses the ball well. Can go wandering and is a bit one dimensional versus a full-back, which with his pace can be effective. Scored an outstanding goal at QPR the other week, blistering finish. He's not as good as Cameron Stewart, who we bought off Man U. Wouldn't be surprised to see him again though while Stewart is out injured.

"Amoo hasn't played much. I've seen him in the stiffs and he got a game last week. Obviously has lots of pace, technically not bad and crosses the ball well. Can go wandering and is a bit one dimensional versus a full-back, which with his pace can be effective. Scored an outstanding goal at QPR the other week, blistering finish. He's not as good as Cameron Stewart, who we bought off Man U. Wouldn't be surprised to see him again though while Stewart is out injured."

Sounds like all the more reason not to sign Aaron Lennon, then.

;)

Excited for Ayala and Pacheco next year. The last Spanish kid we let go - Mikel San Jose - is apparently wanted by Barcelona. Rafa's work on the Academy is proving an outstanding success.

QPR found guilty of two of the seven charges but there will be no points deduction.

What would happen if Cardiff were to appeal though? IF they successfully challenged them, could QPR then be deducted points? I can see this being dragged on for the Summer if Cardiff do decide to do this.

EDIT; and now Cardiff are 1 down at Burnley! Swans could potentially go third if they beat Sheff Utd at home!

I'm assuming QPR will get a fine? It's ridiculous because the amount of money they will earn from promotion will make that insignificant! The FA are a joke, this reeks of being the easy way out for them!

The commentators on Radio Wales just made the point that the Welsh clubs may as well play 6 loan players in the play offs and then get promoted and deal with the fine once they get promoted!

Cardiff will bottle it again today, Swansea will take third but I guess it doesn't really matter at this point!

Archived