Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thrilled for Norwich and Paul Lambert. This guy has a very bright future ahead of him. To inflict the worst defeat in the club's history on them when manager of Colchester and then go on to take them to the Premier League within two years is an achievement which is impossible to overstate.

Also good to see the quota of Glaswegian Premier League managers rise to seven.

• Paid Members

I agree, Norwich is a fantastic story. There's also something dislikeable about Cardiff so I'd much rather Norwich went up. That's a bit harsh because most of the Cardiff fans on here are decent.

It's going to be very difficult for Norwich next season unless they invest heavily. They are a tidy side but they have few players who look Premier League quality. That said, they have great unity and a terrific manager so I wouldn't put anything past them.

Cardiff aren't out of it yet though. If QPR get a proper punishment, they could be back in the box seat for Saturday.

• Paid Members
Cardiff aren't out of it yet though. If QPR get a proper punishment, they could be back in the box seat for Saturday.

Cardiff are done. They'll lose to Burnley on Saturday, whilst Swansea will thrash Sheffield United and therefore sneak 2nd position, due to QPR being deducted 35 points (7 charges, 5pts per charge).

Anyone actually think QPR will get punished?

They should, but I have a feeling they won't. I think the FA have dropped a huge bollock, it should have been done and dusted two months ago so everyone knew what to do. If they do anything it will be a token punishment like decucting 3 points and a huge fine, when really they should be docked a minimum of 10 points.

• Paid Members
Anyone actually think QPR will get punished?

They'll definitely be punished but I think something in the region of 4-6 points to avoid any disruption to the play-off's and the fixture planning. The FA have a history of fixing the punishment to suit themselves.

We'll see I suppose. If they get a massive punishment after we've thrown away 5 points at home in the last 2 weeks, I'll cry.

• Paid Members

Whilst I dream of them being punished severely, I can't believe that the FA would allow this to run until this late into the season if they were going to dock them points that affected their season outcome.

If QPR get points docked, 3rd place team will get automatic promotion, and 7th place team will get into play-offs (Millwall)

Eh? Surely QPR will just take part in the play offs, reports are they'll get docked 10-15pts so they'll still be in the play off spots.

• Paid Members

Whoever you are, please don't turn off the Playstation or I will assault you with a barrage of Delia's cooking untensils.

Where to start? I will try not to gush too much because without being patronising, I know what it's like to be on the other side of the coin when your club isn't doing so well. I was at the infamous 7-1 and I learned that day to always count my footballing blessings but also to remember the duff times and how far one has come. But suffice to say...Isn't football and life not just fucking BRILLIANT OR WHAT?!?! We've done it! We've actually FUCKING DONE IT!! Magic. Just absolute magic. Paul Lambert is a godsend and we're so, so very lucky to have him. Credit must also go to David McNally, who practically saved us from administration by making some tough calls behind the scenes and sorting out our flimsy business strategy. We'd have probably gone into administration if he hadn't have turned the ship around, also bringing in a certain Mr.Lambert in the process. And of course, her Lordship. She still gets some stick from our supporters at times for certain decisions here and there, but her commitment to the cause can never be questioned. She IS Norwich City, and we're really fortunate to have someone like her and her husband who are so passionate about our club.

delia-smith.jpg

"Where are you? Where aaare you?!"

WE'RE IN THE PREMIERSHIP DELIA!!! Get that cooker on!!!

The players have been brilliant. For the likes of Holt and Jackson for instance to rise up the lower leagues so quickly and still keep scoring goals is a great story in it's own right. Only a few of them even have Premiership experience, so to pull off back to back promotions like that is just excellent. As Rick rightly said, we'll need serious investment otherwise staying clear of relegation will be nigh on impossible, but Lambo has barely put a foot wrong so far in the transfer market and I suppose I'll trust his judgement for another season :love:

Cheers for the well wishes on here. It's been absolutely great to see so many well-wishers from other clubs as well including those around us such as Cardiff. In fairness to Cardiff fans, I haven't seen one negative comment towards us yet. To them and to Swansea, who we also battled with in the table during the season, I say good game and best of luck for the future. Even some Leeds fans I know are pleased for us, the white shites!

Suffice to say I may have treated myself to an extra Corona or two last night...and proceed to make a twat out of myself most probably. If you were in the vicinity of the Woolpack and saw a drunken buffoon who was so happy he didn't know whether to cheer, cry, laugh or just didn't know what to do with himself in general...well, to be fair that doesn't really narrow it down as I think nearly everyone in the city was like that. More than anything, I'm just glad we've wrapped it up now because I don't think I'd have been psychically able to stomach another week of waiting to see what happened on the final day.

As for the play-offs, I'm going to stick with my prediction of a Cardiff/Swansea final and a victory for the Swans. brownie, I'll be waiting in the Lloyd's on Riverside for the party when you return to Norfolk.

Norwich have been the best team in the league by a long shot since after Christmas and fully deserve automatic promotion so congratulations to them.

Was at QPR player of the season on Sunday and the mood was good. The court case wasn't mentioned by big Neil or any of the players but murmurings going round the do were that we should expect to lose some points come Friday. I'm still confident (or hopeful) that it is just enough points to keep us in the automatic promotion spot. I wouldn't begrudge Norwich if they were given the league with us second as they've been fantastic. (Plus we'd all know who the REAL winners were)

Congratulations to Paddy Kenny for QPR player of the season. Him and Derry were my top 2 followed by Taarabt.

Archived