Championship and Lower League Discussion 2010/11

patiirc

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think ive just gotten over the weekend as a QPR fan and the season overall I guess.

Simply put this season has been wonderful, big thanks have to go to Neil Warnock, the brilliance of Adel Tarabaat and general mentions to Faurlin, Helguson, Derry, Gorkkss, Connelly, Hill, Mackie, Smith, Routledge, Orr etc etc. You have done the club proud.

Like what Curryangel said it makes all the crap journeys and times worthwhile, ive followed Rangers over the country for 18 years, done over 70 ground, some right dives, witnessed some terrible games but we are back and I cant wait for the Premier League.

Now where is that Premier League thread?

And I hope Cardiff enjoy the playoffs very much!!

Barnsley manager Mark Robins has had his contract with the club terminated, reports BBC Radio Sheffield.

It is believed that Robins has received a formal letter informing him that he is now serving a 12-month notice period as per the terms of his contract.

The 41-year-old joined from Rotherham in 2009 and this season guided them to 17th in the Championship, their highest finish for five years.

Neither the club nor Robins have been available for comment.

It is understood that Robins and Reds owner Patrick Cryne have had a disagreement over next season's budget and the overall running of the club moving forward.

As a player, Robins had successful spells at Manchester United, Norwich City, Leicester City, Walsall and Rotherham.

He became assistant manager to Alan Knill at the Millers and replaced him as full-time boss in March 2007 following Knill's sacking.

He was placed on gardening leave by Rotherham while he held talks with Barnsley and was confirmed as boss in September 2009.

• Paid Members
Barnsley manager Mark Robins has had his contract with the club terminated, reports BBC Radio Sheffield.

It is believed that Robins has received a formal letter informing him that he is now serving a 12-month notice period as per the terms of his contract.

The 41-year-old joined from Rotherham in 2009 and this season guided them to 17th in the Championship, their highest finish for five years.

It is understood that Robins and Reds owner Patrick Cryne have had a disagreement over next season's budget and the overall running of the club moving forward.

As a player, Robins had successful spells at Manchester United, Norwich City, Leicester City, Walsall and Rotherham.

He became assistant manager to Alan Knill at the Millers and replaced him as full-time boss in March 2007 following Knill's sacking.

He was placed on gardening leave by Rotherham while he held talks with Barnsley and was confirmed as boss in September 2009.

Tell you what, Sheffield United want to be getting on the blower to his agent a.s.a.p. He's got the makings of being a good manager in my book. If he doesn't fancy that, I'm sure he won't have too much difficulty trying to find another club.

• Paid Members

So it's Play Off Leg One tonight and i'm nervous.

We're a tad erratic away from home, but are coming into the game in fine goalscoring form. I'd take a draw against Forest tonight, but knowing that we outclassed them a few weeks ago fills me with an inch of confidence. Plus, we love playing on Sky. 3 games, 3 3-0 wins.

Final Scoring for the Texaco UKFF Fantasy League

1 Rich Hopkins Super Buster Team Go 650

2 Alan Ravenhill Ravenhill Hotspurs 625

3 Chris Griffin Olosmurd Knarfenna 574

4 Craig Daniels When Saturday Comes 498

5 Richard Leaney Number 1 was Peter Ward... 487

6 Neil Donohoe The White Army 427

7 Jake Quittenden Yellow Army 410

8 Adam Browne Brownes Owls 386

9 Steve Down Doomsday United 330

10 Darren Hanley dAz9028 Ultimate 11 292

11 stuart siviter FC Sparta 291

12 Gareth Maybury Istvan Kozma XI 276

13 Alex Dale The Cheap Sheep 266

14 Rick Skelton 11 Iain Ashbees 231

Seems I won for the 2nd year in a row :p

• Paid Members

Considering I never even touched it for four months after it started I'm fucking shocked I got third place :D

Tell you what, Sheffield United want to be getting on the blower to his agent a.s.a.p. He's got the makings of being a good manager in my book. If he doesn't fancy that, I'm sure he won't have too much difficulty trying to find another club.

I'm depressed.

Something has been brewing for a while though regarding our financial situation. Our owner is apparently due in court in the near future over some financial irregularities with his own business and there are rumours that he wants to flog the club. Apparently, Adam Pearson of Hull fame is rumoured to be interested. Heard anything Rick?

We've just released 6 players this week, including a big earner in Hugo Colace (who is wank anyway) and I imagine that Harewood and O'Connor haven't been on peanuts. I honestly think we are in the shit.

• Paid Members

Borini is all class. Never stops running, bags of pace, a lovely touch and boy can the lad stike the ball. I hope we sign him permanently, he's the missing piece of the jigsaw.

As for tonight, what a game. No arguments about the red card, although we've just seen the TV in the hotel the Forest player looking to see if he's tricked the ref. Karma got Forest later on though. We should have gone in 1-0 up at half time, but Lee Camp is a top notch keeper.

Forest dominated the 2nd half, but i'm so proud of the lads and really can't see us losing on Monday.

Archived