THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

If you sign in using the desktop version and go to the last page of a thread there, it will remember it on the mobile version. Not ideal, but it's a way around it.

I'm constantly switching between full and mobile whilst using my phone at work. A lot like I had to to see the last page just now. A beginning and end buttons would be ideal.

I very much like the ukff, I know this by realising that when I'm bored on the iPad I will default to ukff as my website of choice.

I mean spending time with the ones I love can only go on for so long without me checking off topic.

Ā 

Is the website outage a monetary issue? Or is it something completely different?

Yeah, this site definitely seems to be on its last legs.

Ā 

Seeing as this is the first site I've checked when I go online for nearly a decade, I'm not sure I'm okay with that. Where do normal people start with the Internet?

Would enough people becoming paid members save it?

Ā 

I agree by the way. I had no idea what to go on when UKFF first went down. It's not really affected me the times it's been down since so much though.

Edited by Sphinx

• Admin

The outage on New Year's Eve was a strange issue with the server, in fact all the blips lately have been similar. I've been speaking with the hosts about it each time and narrowing it down, it may be that we need to move servers (could be a contention issue) and make some changes to the backups we have running.

Ā 

This is not related to money, or funding - just technical issues. Although it's not free to host/maintain the site, it's not outrageously expensive either. Donations are always appreciated, though.

Ā 

With regard to the profile views, that looks like naughty little spambots that are getting through the registration. I'm going to look into some better protection on the registration forms to combat this.