THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

For what it's worth (not that I think about it very much), but I suppose it's always "NUME" in my head too. Thought about throwing it away in a neil name change thread but quite like it now.

EDIT: Just noticed Cobra and PunkStep's sigs feature almost identical poses. And probably, for the first time in his career, Cliff is way less awkward to look at.

Edited by NEWM

• Paid Members

OK, this is really not important and I might be losing my marbles here but sod it...

Guy Bifkin has made more posts than his post count suggests right? Have I missed something there? Or has he really only made 11 posts?

• Paid Members

Well we didn't have an off-topic forum before and people used to take post counts really seriously so when Moo decided we should have an OT forum that was just one of things that was decided. I think.

Also we used to have a lot of one-word word games that would have racked up insane amounts of posts.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I don't know about the "when" but the thought behind that move is usually to disincentivise people who are madly keen on having a high post count from post-boosting.

For a very short time I was a member of a small forum which had a handful of members, one of whom had somehow hit 11,000 posts, which seemed to be rising by the hundred every time I logged in. It turns out that amongst other things he was posting in a "What are you currently listening to?" thread every time a new track came on.

• Paid Members

Talking of post counts, how many posts did Dave Pick have when he left the UKFF for pastures new?

I recall it being a staggering amount. So much so that for years after leaving he still topped the post count league table. Tis a shame really that his account ended up getting deleted in one of the inactive username purges.

Edited by nfc90210

• Paid Members
Why is that? Who decided that and when? It's something I've never really understood.

Why do people worry about post counts so much in the first place?

Oh yeah, it's not that I'm bothered about post counts or anything, just knew I'd seen Bifkin post more than that. I didn't even know the off topic posts didn't count so that explains it.

Who was it on here who made a big thing of their post count whenever they hit certain numbers, resulting in one of the mods setting his post count to -5,000 or something?

Dangerously.

Posts counts haven't been relevant on here since about 2002. In fact, it's only ever really used as a stick to beat people with, and even that's stupid as you could post only in Off Topic a thousand times a day and still have 0 postcount.

• Awards Moderator

It was Mab who got his party poppers out after every third post, wasn't it?

Pretty sure he put his 1,000th post celebration in text the size of Ronnie Corbett which prompted neil to roll back his count to -9,999.

EDIT: shit Internet, here. But what Ronnie said.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
It was Mab who got his party poppers out after every third post, wasn't it?

Pretty sure he put his 1,000th post celebration in text the size of Ronnie Corbett which prompted neil to roll back his count to -9,999.

EDIT: shit Internet, here. But what Ronnie said.

Yes, it was Mab, I don't think dangerously's ever bothered with post counts. Mab made a right mong and dance about it as well.