THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members

He's no different to thousands of others on the internet,

Come on man, you can't tell me you think HF is a normal, regular guy who functions great in ordinary society, with a happy productive life.
From speaking to him in person, face to face, I can say with complete conviction that he shows no signs of any retardation, autism, or other disorder, and once he'd realised I wasn't going to deck him we had a perfectly reasonable conversation. However, once he gets taken by the spirit of the keyboard warrior, he's back to his open speeches and begging people to sign up to his forums.There's other UKFFers that I've met who I'd say have greater problems with communicating and interacting with people than old Hulky.

• Paid Members

I must confess, my knowledge on the history and development of insults is limited.

It dates from 1530 from pillicock, which itself was used as slang of penis from the 14th century, whereas the sense in which you wish to use it only came into being in 1967. So no, sorry, but it's misandrist.
Wazark?

• Paid Members

I fucking love Krull. The behind-the-scenes photo's are great, with big Bernard Bresslaw in his cylops outfit, but without any make up, so it's just his balding head, thick framed glasses and pipe.

I'll let that one slide. It's not like he's calling every female member of the board a prostitute eh Pitcos?

Has anyone got their meltdown-to-English dictionary on them?

It dates from 1530 from pillicock, which itself was used as slang of penis from the 14th century, whereas the sense in which you wish to use it only came into being in 1967. So no, sorry, but it's misandrist.

Misandry is just another myth concocted by the shadowy monsters behind our evil patriarchal society who have it in for women and Liverpool fans.

He wasn't the butt of the joke. It was some random, off the top of my head shit, that I knew he wouldn't even bother to read through, let alone reply to.

The whole thread was about him, setting a challenge that you know he hasn't the ability to rise to is bullying whether you like it or not. It's taking the piss. And it was adding to a thread that had been one big pile-on for pages. To me, decent modding would just see you ban HF, lock the thread. It'd make you a spoilsport and unpopular and uncool, but it'd be the decent thing, rather than making the pile-on board-sanctioned if you like. I don't think you (or anyone) was being intentionally individually malicious. That's just the way bullying works, lots of little digs.

Just so we're clear, seeing as you're into BEING CLEAR ABOUT WHERE WE STAND at tedious length to make some weird point, it's not cool when it's him, (and coincidentally, a time when you cop a suspension out of it), but the likes of Radders, Coey, Bryant, Alan Hill, or any of the multitude of other genuinely insane message board types are fair game to replying with like you would anyone else, yeah?

Had no intention to post at tedious length. Think I've made my points briefly, but people keep coming back to it, so I'll keep discussing it. Guilty as charged on the Alan Hill, Coey insanity. Looking back, it was probably good that there were mods stepping in when it crossed the line. Those two could obviously handle themselves though, and it was generally one-on-one. I will certainly hold my hands up to being a dick to many people on the net over the years. Live and learn. Maybe that's why I'm no longer "fun". :)I never had any encounters with Chad Bryant, and it was you who was the truly vociferous Radders-baiter. Following him all over the place, even after it was blatant that the guy was very seriously mentally ill, and I made that point a couple of times.

• Moderators

stuff

I'm kind of aghast at the weird road this has taken - doubly so, because when you got picked I think I actually said in the chatroom that it had totally backfired, because I hoped someone terrible would take the hit, and you, one of the better posters, got it instead - and I don't want to get into a big, dull debate, but I do have a couple of points. Firstly, absolutely get fucked with the bullying bullshit. I know what my intention was with that thread, and I've been deliberately on top of that kind of thing when modding, a ton of times. There have been Mod Challenges before, and like I said, it was just a throwaway thing that generated some laughs completely not at anyone's expense. As far as 'following' someone all over the place, or responding to people who you suddenly think are off limits because they're a bit damaged, should we just never reply? If someone's being wacky in my direction, or baiting me, or outright making shit up, I'm probably not going to hold back on clearing that up just because they're a little on the oddball side of things. What with this, and the reports you've been making, it feels like you're of the mindset of "Fuck this place, might as well go down in flames, wheeeee" and troll yourself a ban. But I'd prefer if you'd just, you know, go back to being any good.

• Paid Members

because when you got picked I think I actually said in the chatroom that it had totally backfired, because I hoped someone terrible would take the hit, and you, one of the better posters, got it instead

You did say that, actually. I remember you saying you wished someone else got it instead. Strangley enough, a lot of us were trying to convince Pitcos to pick someone else. It came as a surprise that Bobbins got the boot, to be honest.

Firstly, absolutely get fucked with the bullying bullshit. I know what my intention was with that thread, and I've been deliberately on top of that kind of thing when modding, a ton of times. There have been Mod Challenges before, and like I said, it was just a throwaway thing that generated some laughs completely not at anyone's expense. As far as 'following' someone all over the place, or responding to people who you suddenly think are off limits because they're a bit damaged, should we just never reply? If someone's being wacky in my direction, or baiting me, or outright making shit up, I'm probably not going to hold back on clearing that up just because they're a little on the oddball side of things.

Fair enough. I guess it's just my personal opinion that a guy like HF is off-limits because his difficulties are so obvious. The nastiness was before the mod challenge came in imo.

What with this, and the reports you've been making, it feels like you're of the mindset of "Fuck this place, might as well go down in flames, wheeeee" and troll yourself a ban.

Not at all. I've just been reporting abusive posts, like we're encouraged to do, because I genuinely think it's a better idea than responding to them. (Also out of interest to whether anything would happen.) Since my suspension ended I was immediately met with a volley of personal attacks and nasty shit about meltdowns etc, when all I've been doing is posting calmly, but in my usual strongly argued style. I only post when the consensus has come to an opinion that I disagree with, or when I've got a point that I think is worth making. That can lead to conflict, but I'm not trolling anyone or looking for a ban, even with Trevor's desperate flamebaiting. The points I've made are that the FA is incompetent, Diane Abbott probably isn't a racist and asking about the moderation of the board (after being suspended for a reason unrelated to any of the forum rules). I don't see why any of that should be met with all this aggression.

But I'd prefer if you'd just, you know, go back to being any good.

Hey, I've sparked some debate haven't I? :)

Since my suspension ended I was immediately met with a volley of personal attacks and nasty shit about meltdowns etc, when all I've been doing is posting calmly, but in my usual strongly argued style.

Pasting biased articles, patronising statements, making large leaps in logic, ignoring points when they disprove or shoot down your argument (proof of that last point coming up right now) is strongly argued?

with HF just trying to be nice and get along.

No.

Shut the hell up. Without me there would be no ukffMoo is a piece of shit

He's no different to thousands of others on the internet,

Come on man, you can't tell me you think HF is a normal, regular guy who functions great in ordinary society, with a happy productive life.
From speaking to him in person, face to face, I can say with complete conviction that he shows no signs of any retardation, autism, or other disorder, and once he'd realised I wasn't going to deck him we had a perfectly reasonable conversation. However, once he gets taken by the spirit of the keyboard warrior, he's back to his open speeches and begging people to sign up to his forums.There's other UKFFers that I've met who I'd say have greater problems with communicating and interacting with people than old Hulky.
You pick and choose what to respond to, your points have been proven incorrect by Surf and Cleetus but you don't acknowledge them and still press the point that Hulky was an innocent dullard who didn't deserve or ask for any ill treatment. As you are so fond of saying in your "strongly argued style" maybe you need to read the original thread properly so you can understand it.

because when you got picked I think I actually said in the chatroom that it had totally backfired, because I hoped someone terrible would take the hit, and you, one of the better posters, got it instead

You did say that, actually. I remember you saying you wished someone else got it instead. Strangley enough, a lot of us were trying to convince Pitcos to pick someone else. It came as a surprise that Bobbins got the boot, to be honest.
There's a salutary lesson there - Pitcos can spot an internet meltdown possibility WAY better than we can. All hail to the King.