THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

You pick and choose what to respond to, your points have been proven incorrect by Surf and Cleetus but you don't acknowledge them and still press the point that Hulky was an innocent dullard who didn't deserve or ask for any ill treatment. As you are so fond of saying in your "strongly argued style" maybe you need to read the original thread properly so you can understand it.

I ignore stuff that's disingenuous, ad hominem, or anything that tries to distract from the point or create a false black-white "end of" point to an issue that is more complex and can't be defined that simply. Engaging with people who do that would be a complete waste of time. For example, you've created the false dichotomy that Hulky is either an innocent dullard, or someone who deserves ill treatment because he asked for it. I reject both of those ideas, but it's a result of that simplified attitude that if I'm not taking one side of the false dichotomy then I'm perceived to be taking the other, so I'm forced into a false position of your own construction. I really can't be bothered to explain this every time it happens. It amazes me that people have such difficulty processing the idea that you can talk about the Luis Suarez issue without being a defender of racism. Cleetus gave an example of Hulky rising to the bait and responding to the relentless flaming that was aimed at him, and Surf talked about meeting him in person and him seeming normal. Neither of those posts "disproved" my point that Hulky was essentially trying to get along with people in that thread, and that he's a human being not "deserving of ill treatment" as you put it.You may consider this a "patronising statement", but the "large leaps in logic" are not coming from me.

• Paid Members

Bobbins the hero protecting the less fortunate people blah blah blah. Fuck off bobbins you have got the arse because the king got to use the ban hammer on you. The mods are having a laugh a joke they have a sense of humour. They changed my name to shit poster from the forbidden name but it's funny you just have to embrace it, it's the Internet stop taking it so seriously.

Bobbins the hero protecting the less fortunate people blah blah blah. Fuck off bobbins you have got the arse because the king got to use the ban hammer on you. The mods are having a laugh a joke they have a sense of humour. They changed my name to shit poster from the forbidden name but it's funny you just have to embrace it, it's the Internet stop taking it so seriously.

How marvellous, another applicant for my false dichotomy case study.

You pick and choose what to respond to, your points have been proven incorrect by Surf and Cleetus but you don't acknowledge them and still press the point that Hulky was an innocent dullard who didn't deserve or ask for any ill treatment. As you are so fond of saying in your "strongly argued style" maybe you need to read the original thread properly so you can understand it.

I ignore stuff that's disingenuous, ad hominem, or anything that tries to distract from the point or create a false black-white "end of" point to an issue that is more complex and can't be defined that simply. Engaging with people who do that would be a complete waste of time. For example, you've created the false dichotomy that Hulky is either an innocent dullard, or someone who deserves ill treatment because he asked for it. I reject both of those ideas, but it's a result of that simplified attitude that if I'm not taking one side of the false dichotomy then I'm perceived to be taking the other, so I'm forced into a false position of your own construction. I really can't be bothered to explain this every time it happens. It amazes me that people have such difficulty processing the idea that you can talk about the Luis Suarez issue without being a defender of racism. Cleetus gave an example of Hulky rising to the bait and responding to the relentless flaming that was aimed at him, and Surf talked about meeting him in person and him seeming normal. Neither of those posts "disproved" my point that Hulky was essentially trying to get along with people in that thread, and that he's a human being not "deserving of ill treatment" as you put it.You may consider this a "patronising statement", but the "large leaps in logic" are not coming from me.
False dichotomy? Don't be such a pretentious wanker. You're the one pigeon-holing every argument into black and white so that you can then hide in the shades of grey and act like you're the misunderstood intellectual here.Cleetus gave one example, but he could have taken multiple posts from that thread to support what he was saying. Hulky made about 2 posts then immediately went into gimmick mode and started insulting the forum and it's inhabitants. You're making sweeping statements that it was just a pile on with everyone picking on the slow kid but the thread just doesn't read like that. You seem to think that an eloquent turn of phrase and a wall of text makes up for actually defending your points when people respond to you, instead choosing to 'reject' ideas under the argument of "that's my opinion, and you can't change it because you just don't understand the point that's being made here". This wasn't a case of bullying, this is a poster who has been banned many times in the past popping up under a pseudonym to promote some youtube videos which were obviously his, then when he was called out on it just dropped all pretence and proceeded to troll up again. The mod challenge stuff evolved out of that as a way to have some fun rather than just closing the thread, it certainly wasn't at Hulky's expense. Woy knew Hulky was gone and had no intention in participating and to say otherwise is a) ignoring the history of Hulky and b) essentially calling Woy a liar, since he's stated as such in this thread.Of course, all of your white knighting would actually be a lot more credible if you had said anything about it at the time, but no your written displeasure comes after you got suspended at the request of the person who won the challenge. Didn't see you chiming in while it was all going on, and you were certainly posting in the forum while the thread was active so please don't pretend that this is all from a lofty position of disapproval, rather than one of sour grapes.

• Paid Members

How marvellous, another applicant for my false dichotomy case study.
What did you do eat a dictionary? Grow up woy saved a thread you got the hump because of the suspension. It's a forum on the Internet it is not to be taken seriously. I think I may haveeven said thank you for my new name. Did I feel bullied, no because it means nothing it's a name. The mods do a good job. You have the hump and are trying to be a white knight to a known spacker.

• Paid Members

Suggest everyone moves on now before this gets anymore tedious. Bobbins, stop moaning about incredibly petty insults. Everyone else, discuss the points made in Bobbins posts or ignore them completely. Anyone else calls Woy a bully and I'll take their dinner money.and then suspend them.In short: move the fuck on.

I fucking love Krull. The behind-the-scenes photo's are great, with big Bernard Bresslaw in his cylops outfit, but without any make up, so it's just his balding head, thick framed glasses and pipe.

I know this post kind of flew under the radar, and it's probably off-topic, but wait.. what?Behind the scenes photos? Link please.

False dichotomy? Don't be such a pretentious wanker. You're the one pigeon-holing every argument into black and white so that you can then hide in the shades of grey and act like you're the misunderstood intellectual here.

:laugh: Hide?

You're making sweeping statements that it was just a pile on with everyone picking on the slow kid but the thread just doesn't read like that.

There is something wrong with you if you go back to that thread, read up to the mod challenge and think it's anything other than everyone picking on the slow kid. Exactly what was it, if not that? I know there's mass hysteria about "bullying", and I think that's why everyone's getting so defensive, that's why I tried to use less loaded words. I don't think it's some great crime, it goes on all the time, no big deal, and it's the nature of internet forums. But don't try and deny what it was. Don't worry I'm not going to start a Daily Mail witchhunt about internet bullying.

Of course, all of your white knighting would actually be a lot more credible if you had said anything about it at the time, but no your written displeasure comes after you got suspended at the request of the person who won the challenge. Didn't see you chiming in while it was all going on, and you were certainly posting in the forum while the thread was active so please don't pretend that this is all from a lofty position of disapproval, rather than one of sour grapes.

I click on very few threads on here. That was never likely to be one of them. I only found it when trying to figure out why I'd been suspended. If it'd been in a thread that was genuinely funny and in good spirits (rather than the slightly nasty one I found), then I probably wouldn't have bothered raising the issue of whether it's a good use of mod powers to suspend people randomly for a laugh, even though it's probably still an issue worth raising. Do I have to be from a lofty position of disapproval or sour grapes, or can I be somewhere in between, or indeed neither?

What did you do eat a dictionary? Grow up woy saved a thread you got the hump because of the suspension. It's a forum on the Internet it is not to be taken seriously. I think I may haveeven said thank you for my new name. Did I feel bullied, no because it means nothing it's a name. The mods do a good job. You have the hump and are trying to be a white knight to a known spacker.

I don't have the hump, shit poster, just asking a question.

I was wondering about that, bobbins, if you were told anything regarding your suspension. Was it a case of just not being able to log in one day? Did you get a PM on your return to explain things?

A PM from Neil titled YO ASS GOT ICED, message saying "Chosen by Pitcos. Sorry bro." appeared when I logged in. Couldn't reply, just had to log out, clear cookies and search for what it was about. Quite the tragic heartbreaking Christmas tale imo.

I was wondering about that, bobbins, if you were told anything regarding your suspension. Was it a case of just not being able to log in one day? Did you get a PM on your return to explain things?

A PM from Neil titled YO ASS GOT ICED, message saying "Chosen by Pitcos. Sorry bro." appeared when I logged in. Couldn't reply, just had to log out, clear cookies and search for what it was about. Quite the tragic heartbreaking Christmas tale imo.
I imagine Cormac McCarthy is penning the novel.