Wrestlers are like seagulls by JJ Dillon

Long Days & short pay by Duke West

Assasin by Joe Hamilton

Inside out by Ole Anderson

Is that wrestling fake? by Ivan kolloff

+ Adrian Street has released 4 books all at the same time :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any biog that gives a real view of what it was like was a gaijin in Japan? Brets book touches on it, I was disappointed with the Foley books in this regard and not read the Jericho book yet. I see Kirschner has done a biography recentley. Anyone read that? And more to the point, would you recommend it?

• Paid Members

Jericho's bits on Japan are pretty good. Nothing revelationary, but you get a good sense of the culture shock and how the structure of the companies worked. However, he does persistently use the word "Japanglish" instead of the more widely-accepted "Engrish", which irritated me loads and nobody else at all, probably.

His stuff about Mexico is pretty good, too. And Germany. It's probably my favourite WWE autobiography. I really liked his second too, but the first only goes up to his WWE debut so you end up with this amazing international cast of characters and a huge variety of settings. Plus, you have the added hilarity of him ever-so-slightly misremembering WCW promos that are easily available on the internet (again, that's probably just me).

Edited by opcws

• Paid Members
Is there any biog that gives a real view of what it was like was a gaijin in Japan? Brets book touches on it, I was disappointed with the Foley books in this regard and not read the Jericho book yet. I see Kirschner has done a biography recentley. Anyone read that? And more to the point, would you recommend it?

Stan Hansen has a book out and a lot of it covers his time in Japan and what it was like being a gaijin wrestling out there.