Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

Is 'Pure Dynamite' worth a read? A mate of mine said it was heavily kayfabed which put him off.

It's not kayfabed, but it has the tone of being trapped next to a guy who sits next to you at a party and goes on and on about how hard he is, and you can't leave because he's got his arm around you, and he stinks of fags, and also what if he's telling the truth and you try to leave? You'll probably get a kicking like those 6 black guys he beat up on a train after an Ozzy gig in the 80s.

This proper made me laugh btw! (Which ain't good because I'm at work) :)

It's exactly the image I have of him from what I've read in other books!

I read Brock Lesnar's autobiography this week. I'm not a very quick reader but breezed through this in 2 nights.

It's only 200-odd pages so he never gets very in-depth about any particular event from his career: the night he won the NCAA Div 1 championship, all his big WWE matches, and all his big UFC matches - he doesn't spend more than a couple of pages on any of those.

There is nothing about how he and Sable got together (but he does gush over how amazing she is whenever her name crops up) and he's one of those wrestlers that can't remember specific events which seem a big deal to us fans as they all just blend together for him. For example: the plane ride from hell.

Despite sounding negative in the above 2 paragraphs, I did enjoy it.

Some good stories about training for the NCAA's, his meteoric WWE push, the problems he had with the Inoki's in Japan, and battling the lawsuit with WWE, all very interesting.

And he really, really does hate Frank Mir.

• 3 weeks later...

I just read Bill DeMotts autobiography.

Not a bad read at all.

Good clarity and to the point although felt it could have been slightly meatier in some aspects.

Really interesting to hear his evaluations of certain talents and some interesting comments on Johnny Ace.

I read Brock Lesnar's autobiography this week. I'm not a very quick reader but breezed through this in 2 nights.

It's only 200-odd pages so he never gets very in-depth about any particular event from his career: the night he won the NCAA Div 1 championship, all his big WWE matches, and all his big UFC matches - he doesn't spend more than a couple of pages on any of those.

There is nothing about how he and Sable got together (but he does gush over how amazing she is whenever her name crops up) and he's one of those wrestlers that can't remember specific events which seem a big deal to us fans as they all just blend together for him. For example: the plane ride from hell.

Despite sounding negative in the above 2 paragraphs, I did enjoy it.

Some good stories about training for the NCAA's, his meteoric WWE push, the problems he had with the Inoki's in Japan, and battling the lawsuit with WWE, all very interesting.

And he really, really does hate Frank Mir.

Didn't know he had done one , have to find it now :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...