Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Interesting WSOF show this weekend...

WSOF-22-Palhares-vs-Shields.jpg

Rousimar Palhares vs. Jake Shields - for welterweight title
Marlon Moraes vs. Sheymon Moraes - for bantamweight title

Jake Shield has never been the kind of fighter that leaps at you when it comes to excitement. But when Shields is matched up correctly i'm all in. Simply put this is probably the most destructive submission fighter in MMA history against one of the greatest American submission fighters in MMA history. Who knows how this plays out.

Show was originially due to have Tyrone Spong against Kyle. Spong dropped out so in stepped Thiago Silva, he was denied a license so Clifford Starks steps in late.

• Paid Members

Shields is Nytol with limbs. He makes Jon Fitch look like Shogun. Undeniably talented (I'd probably rate him as one of the top 5 grapplers in the sport) but bores the arse off me. I hope Palhares wins.

Is Abubakar Nurmagomedov related to Khabib Nurmagomedov in any way? Or is Nurmagomedov going to become the Russian version of Silva and Johnson? Fucking Nurmagomedov. The only reason I can spell it is because my phone's remembered it from typing it before. Same with Joanna Jedrzejczyk.

Is Abubakar Nurmagomedov related to Khabib Nurmagomedov in any way? Or is Nurmagomedov going to become the Russian version of Silva and Johnson? Fucking Nurmagomedov. The only reason I can spell it is because my phone's remembered it from typing it before. Same with Joanna Jedrzejczyk.

It's Khabib's younger brother, he's been documenting their trip and fight camp on his instagram of late.

This is his first fight in the US, and it seems he's maybe more of a finisher than his brother, with a 9-1 record consisting of 6 KO/TKO's and 3 submissions. Zero decisions.

His only loss was a cut stoppage late last year.

• Paid Members

ohhh nice i didn't realise that it was.

here's the brothers chowing down on a couple of burgers.

Abubakar-e-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-juntos-em

in other WSOF news, they've announced Justin Gaethje/Luis Palomino II for their next show. Pretty rare case of a challenger getting an instant rematch after getting finished in the first fight. Regardless, fuck it, the first fight was one of the best fights of the year so im down for this...here is the first fight in HD :)

well worth a look!

Rousimar Palhares vs. Jake Shields - for welterweight title

Jake Shield has never been the kind of fighter that leaps at you when it comes to excitement. But when Shields is matched up correctly i'm all in. Simply put this is probably the most destructive submission fighter in MMA history against one of the greatest American submission fighters in MMA history. Who knows how this plays out.

Should be a good fight, given that Sheilds has never lost by Submission and that is obviously how Palhares is going to try to get the win.

Will have to try and find a download of the match as having just read a report the finish sounds like a right shambles again!!

Palhares held the submission for too long again and Shields punched him in the face after the fight. Palhares was also putting his fingers in Shields eye during the second round.

There was also a fight in the crowd between the Diaz brothers & their clan and Nurmagomedov's group.