The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• 3 weeks later...

Ghost have released their new 'Popestar' EP today. It includes one new song, the utterly fantastic 'Square Hammer' (video below) and like their previous EP includes a bunch of covers:

Nocturnal Me (Echo & The Bunnymen), I Believe (Simian Mobile Disco), Missionary X Man (Eurhythmics) and Bible (Imperiet).

They've got US dates for the remainder of the year and are due to start working on album #4 next year, and if it's anything close to what this and Meliora was I cant fucking wait

https://youtu.be/OyYA8FlfBd0

• Paid Members

anyone heard the new Opeth tune?

barmy but it's brilliant.

new Ghost also...

they continue to move into more commercial territory and other than a few Ghost-trademark touches it's a pretty straight forward driving rock song, but another cracking tune.

Edited by Egg Shen

I've got the Opeth album on pre-order, and I like to listen to new stuff in one go so steering clear of it for now.

No doubt they'll get a load of shit from "fans" if the album is all clean vocals again, despite the fact that those albums are fucking brilliant.

That new Ghost EP is really good, and for me they're going from strength to strength.

But Egg, what was wrong with it when I posted the same video

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

If you want to feel old, 'Follow The Leader' by Korn was released before this years university freshers were even born.

i remember clear as day buying that album and where i first listened to it, it was a big deal at the time. It makes me feel especially old to realise i saw Korn live a year before Follow the Leader was released. I don't dwell on that stuff though, i've got a few mates who always shocked and complain about their age when they hear about albums being on 10/15 year anniversaries etc.

• Paid Members

you were a couple of years in front of me Rey. I picked up Life is Peachy a couple of weeks after it came out after hearing Good God on a Kerrang! or Metal Hammer cassette, that was my introduction to Korn. Them old cover tapes/cd's were invaluable back in the day.

Iron Maiden are announcing a UK tour on Friday, i found a leaked poster on facebook, apparently it's come from someone who works with the band so it could be legit:

14322349_189249321496363_511882028177427

• Paid Members

Do they really mime? You're not the first person ive heard say that.

Really? it's pretty well documented, saw them shamelessly miming at Download a few years back....the lazy shitarses. BMTH were using vocal backing tracks when the subbed Metallica at Leeds last year too.

Really? it's pretty well documented, saw them shamelessly miming at Download a few years back....the lazy shitarses. BMTH were using vocal backing tracks when the subbed Metallica at Leeds last year too.

With BMTH though (and,sweet jesus, I can't believe I'm defending them here) Oli definitely knackered his voice not screaming properly when they were starting out so he needs all the help he can get. Still, should get the keyboard player to do it instead but it's not as bad as full blown Brittany Spears-esque miming.

With BMTH though (and,sweet jesus, I can't believe I'm defending them here) Oli definitely knackered his voice not screaming properly when they were starting out so he needs all the help he can get. Still, should get the keyboard player to do it instead but it's not as bad as full blown Brittany Spears-esque miming.

Not the full set but multiple songs the last time i seen them. BMTH have to their defense limited the backing tapes to more backing vocals by Jordan on keyboards which i can live with i guess

• Paid Members

At Leeds Oli Sykes was climbing over the barrier to get in front of the fans. Microphone in his hand by his waist, his vocals still coming over the PA loud & clear. That's top level shitarsery in my book. Especially when they were followed by a bunch of blokes in their fifties, who've done enough drink & drugs over the decades to kill a herd of elephants but still play live.