Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

It's the absolute worst. There is however plenty of good stuff to be found if you look in the right places. I find the Metal Archives recommendation forum an absolute gold mine for finding brilliant underground black, death, thrash and doom. As is pretty much always the case though, the mainstream stuff is terrible.

Posted

So delighted about that new Darkthrone album news. The crusty stuff is the best thing they've did since Soulside Journey. Such a brilliant band nowadays.

Posted
There are some really good modern bands hiding away in the corners of the internet though, I've recently gotten really into Vestiges.

 

YES! This man talks sense. Vestiges are excellent. Downloaded their 'The Descent of Man' album months ago. Should listen to it alot more. Definitely recommended if you like stuff like Fall of Efrafa.

 

As for deathcore...the less said about that sorry excuse for a genre the better. I found it to be thoroughly wank when I actually tried to get into it years ago when my mates where in some deathcore bands. I assumed it was dead by now and I think i'll be fine carrying on that way..

Posted
i dunno if im getting old or what, but im watching Scuzz's Top 10 Bands to Watch in 2013 and it's fucking abysmal...heavy music has to be going in the worst direction it's ever gone in right now, here's an example:

 

 

seriously, what the fuck is that? Metalcore meets the fucking Backstreet Boys. Shocking.

 

Ive heard alot of that type of stuff coming through at local gigs over the last 6-8 months. Cant say it bothers me. It's like a logical progression of Nu Metal, meets boybander does metal (Fightstar, etc) fusion of styles ( previously the likes of Rap Metal, Folk Metal) etc. Some of the screaming, melodies and harmonies are actually pretty good overall. Cant say I love it to bits but im not going to go it's aural mass murder either

Posted

It's music for the masses really, isn't it? A section of the "alternative scene" is basically the pop scene with fringes and tight jeans these days, so it stands to reason that the music by numbers bands that we see on the pop scene would infiltrate into "metal" as well.

 

Fuck knows. I don't concern myself with it. If the kids like it, then batter in. I'll stick with Down, Slayer, classic Metallica and Sabbath.

Posted

There's something fishy about Issues, though.

 

They've got more than a whiff of 'manufactured' about them; a bunch of blokes with no discernible prior connection to one another who got signed to a major label subsidiary after three weeks of being a ban with no original tracks or demo.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Anyone heard of a band called The Rotted?

 

Got their album on now, quite enjoying. Reminds me a bit of Satyricon mixed with Discharge.

Edited by eugenespeed
Posted
Anyone heard of a band called The Rotted?

 

Got their album on now, quite enjoying. Reminds me a bit of Satyricon mixed with Discharge.

 

 

I've seen them live a couple of times, pretty good. They were called Gorerotted for a long time before, if that name rings any bells.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Anyone heard of a band called The Rotted?

 

Got their album on now, quite enjoying. Reminds me a bit of Satyricon mixed with Discharge.

 

 

I've seen them live a couple of times, pretty good. They were called Gorerotted for a long time before, if that name rings any bells.

 

Not really, but will check them out.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...