Keith Houchen Posted December 19, 2012 Posted December 19, 2012 James Hetfield Soundboard. Hours of fun, I'm sure. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted December 19, 2012 Author Paid Members Posted December 19, 2012 I'm going to reiterate what I said on Twitter earlier - One of my friends grew up near Ponty and when she started going out at 14/15 the Prophets were well known but hadn't reached the stage where they'd stopped going out at the weekend. Quite a few guys chatted her up, Ian Watkins included. I'd be a fool to think she didn't go home with any of them but whilst I know she's been back to his place in a group, she maintains she never slept with him. He later gained quite the reputation for revelling in the attentions of teenage fans and would often turn up at clubs after gigs with girls of questionable legal age in tow. Up in the valleys though? Yeah, it's not surprising that sort of thing goes on, hence all the teenage pregnancies. You really can't carry on with that sort of thing outside of small towns where people just turn a blind eye, especially when you're in the public eye as he is. That all said, I still remember the Public Disturbance days and whilst I didn't know him back then, I'm ended up pretty good mates with the other guys from the band and did meet him, briefly, at a reunion gig back in 2005. He's very short, and that's from me at 5'7", so I reckon he just likes girls his own height. So, not entirely surprising, but younger than 13? That is pretty fucked up. i posted it in the news thread but id heard he was heavy into drugs, was skint and was on the verge of getting kicked out of the band for years. I also remember the band from back in the day, i saw Public Disturbance once, i aint sure if Ian was playing then though, it was at the time when both bands operated, Mike Lewis was definitly on guitar though. I saw Lost Prophets almost become the house band opener in TJ's too, they supported several bands i saw there prior to their debut coming out...that was back when Ian did his American game show host schtick onstage, he was an annoying fucker. This has still blown my mind though. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted December 19, 2012 Posted December 19, 2012 (edited) The BBC news listing you get when you search on google for 'Ian Watkins' says its a one-year-old... http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20785456 Rank bastard... Edited December 19, 2012 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted December 19, 2012 Author Paid Members Posted December 19, 2012 been looking around some Welsh music forums, apparently it's Watkins ex girlfriend that's reported him to the police. I've also come across this which is dated at 11 months ago... read Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 19, 2012 Posted December 19, 2012 Check the I read the news today thread, that's got a lot of discussion on this. Quote
patiirc Posted December 19, 2012 Posted December 19, 2012 Yup just seen the one year old thing, haven seen the chargers earlier on. Fucking Hell Fire is mental! What a cunt! Quote
thefallenangel Posted December 22, 2012 Posted December 22, 2012 What a weekend coming up in cardiff. Halestorm and Cancer bats in the same weekend. Ordered my tickets for both. Cannot wait Quote
lightningxlock Posted December 23, 2012 Posted December 23, 2012 (edited) Before I forget, just thought i'd pop in to say my friends band put out an amazing record this year thats been getting a lot of love in Year End lists. They're called We Came Out Like Tigers and the record is called 'Agelessness and Lack'. Check it out if you're into screamo, black metal, post rock etc You can stream it HERE Edited December 23, 2012 by lightningxlock Quote
KingOfMetal Posted December 23, 2012 Posted December 23, 2012 Thin Lizzy have offically changed their name to Black Star Riders Quote
David Posted December 23, 2012 Posted December 23, 2012 Has anyone actually heard the new Hatebreed album yet? I know it's due out on the 28th of January in the UK, but usually there's a few folk heard advance copies and so forth. I've pre-ordered my copy. Quote
KingOfMetal Posted December 23, 2012 Posted December 23, 2012 Not recieved my advance yet. Will post as soon as I do though. The advances are getting sent out closer and closer to release now to try and curb them leaking onto torrents Quote
David Posted December 23, 2012 Posted December 23, 2012 Not recieved my advance yet. Will post as soon as I do though. The advances are getting sent out closer and closer to release now to try and curb them leaking onto torrents Cool. There's very few new albums that get me genuinely excited, but this is one of them! Quote
Paid Members Au Posted December 23, 2012 Paid Members Posted December 23, 2012 Before I forget, just thought i'd pop in to say my friends band put out an amazing record this year thats been getting a lot of love in Year End lists. They're called We Came Out Like Tigers and the record is called 'Agelessness and Lack'. Check it out if you're into screamo, black metal, post rock etc You can stream it HERE Hah, my mate plays drums for them. Or did. They're alright, like. I prefer his old band, Goodtime Boys, but they're local so I could be biased! Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 23, 2012 Posted December 23, 2012 Being a metal fan is a disability! A Swedish heavy metal fan has had his musical preferences officially classified as a disability. The results of a psychological analysis enable the metal lover to supplement his income with state benefits. Swedes unfazed by looming 'apocalypse' (20 Dec 12) Christmas buffet gives 75 Swedes food poisoning (20 Dec 12) 'Noble' Swede: Hobbit dwarf stole my name (18 Dec 12) Roger Tullgren, 42, from H Quote
Paid Members SpiritOfTheForest Posted December 23, 2012 Paid Members Posted December 23, 2012 This is from a few years ago. But still what a lucky bastard! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.