Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

heatthing.com has been tweeted about by a bunch of bands who are known to be friends with Brand New, prompting talk that new material (or at the very least a side project) is on the horizon. A nice little early Xmas gift for me, if true.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Radio 1 was pretty brilliant today. They played Slayer, Mastodon, Tool, Sepultura, Rival Schools, Agoraphobic Nosebleed (THREE TIMES at that) and Andrew WK in the 1-4PM shift. I would recommend all to give it a go tomorrow and it's going for another day.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Radio 1 was pretty brilliant today. They played Slayer, Mastodon, Tool, Sepultura, Rival Schools, Agoraphobic Nosebleed (THREE TIMES at that) and Andrew WK in the 1-4PM shift. I would recommend all to give it a go tomorrow and it's going for another day.

 

Fuckin heard that myself. I'm in Dublin and we listen to Radio 1 on a bird I work with's iPhone and I was in shock a few times during the day. Quality stuff. She's very funny though "Is that the bleedin mad devil slash your wrists music?". If it's not Knowles (Solange or otherwise) or something with autotune she can't comprehend it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Already started brilliantly today with a bit of Messuggah during the day on Radio 1! I've warmed a lot to Daniel P Carter this week, have thought he was a bit of a bellend on previous listens, but he seems like he's having a whale of a time doing this 'new music takeover' thing. Shame it ends after today though, could do with more metal during the day on national radio occasionally!

Posted (edited)

I've just stuck on the latest Anaal Nathrakh album as i saw that The Quietus put it so high up in the best of 2012 chart and holy fuck, this is a million miles away from the Mayhem worship i was used to all those years ago. AN have become one of the best signed metal bands around.

Edited by Merzbow
Posted

Hmmmm Blabbermouth seemed to suggest it was more of a punk-charged band. In fact this quote confirms it:

 

He adds: "The [song] we were working on today, it's like a combination of all of our bands with DISCHARGE and THE EXPLOITED and GBH on it. Really, really punk. Super crunchy and super brutal. It just came together so naturally. There's a beat and a riff and Casey starts spewing some venom on top of it. It's awesome!

 

Not gonna lie, I love a lot of Gary and Dave's stuff and I was a big Amen fan back in the day. I even liked Casey's side project Scum which was a blacked punk metal hybrid.

Posted

I'm looking forward to see how this goes, I'm really into a lot of metallic crust/punk and it'll be interesting to see how well they stand up against some modern powerhouses like Wolvhammer and Dishammer.

Posted

What records are you guys looking forward to in 2013 then? It's looking quite quiet compared to the awesome year that was 2012 but i'm sure it'll heat up and I lose track of what I need to get as per. Here's a few i've got my eyes on:

 

January - Cult of Luna, Hatebreed

 

February - Integrity, Shai Hulud, Suffocation, Darkthrone

 

April - The Ocean

  • Paid Members
Posted

that could be awesome. I always wondered what happened to Casey Chaos, i don't think he's a guy that ever got the underground cred. he deserved but fuck me, he's an amazing frontman, there's only a few guys ive got the feeling are legit dangerous when i watch them and Chaos is definitly one.

Posted

Killswitch Engage have confirmed the title of their new album as 'Disarm The Descent' to be released on April 1st. The first single (smoothly titled 'In Due Time') will be release on February 3rd via iTunes

Posted

Dunno if anyone here will be interested, but I just discoveredthat on the 27th of this month, the Down and Outs are playing at the Black Heart in Camden with Caves as one of several support acts. Haven't been this excited for a gig for a long time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...