Paid Members Egg Shen Posted December 1, 2012 Author Paid Members Posted December 1, 2012 might get a ticket for Bristol, great deal for a five notes, i went to the Jaegermeister tour this year and it was a quality night. Gojira are just on fire live, i'll be going for them. I just don't get Ghost, the gimmick is cool and they got a wicked t-shirt but musically they are complete pap. Quote
Disclose Posted December 1, 2012 Posted December 1, 2012 Anyone given the new Soundgarden record a spin? I'm loving it. Been a huge fan for ages and they've recaptured the essence of what made them so great first time round. It's got that sludgy grunge sound with a bit of weirdness and really feels like a continuation of where they left off. Saw them play a lot of it live at Shepherd's Bush last Friday and it sits nicely with the older material and the band is sounding great. Give it a go if you're a fan. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I expected it to be very dull... Quote
KingOfMetal Posted December 1, 2012 Posted December 1, 2012 might get a ticket for Bristol, great deal for a five notes, i went to the Jaegermeister tour this year and it was a quality night. Gojira are just on fire live, i'll be going for them. I just don't get Ghost, the gimmick is cool and they got a wicked t-shirt but musically they are complete pap. I love the Opus Eponymous album, a great debut and can't wait to see what comes on album number 2. Each to their own Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted December 1, 2012 Author Paid Members Posted December 1, 2012 yeh i know, it just aint my thing. I just feel their one of them bands that are doing so well based purely on the gimmick...if they dressed like normal dudes there is no way they'd be anywhere near a tour of this size. Quote
Twatters Posted December 4, 2012 Posted December 4, 2012 In strange but awesome news, Mastodon are writing and recording a new song to be featured on Monsters Inc 2. Quote
Paid Members SpiritOfTheForest Posted December 4, 2012 Paid Members Posted December 4, 2012 I'll be going to the Glasgow date of that tour purely for Ghost. I missed my last chance to see them at Hellfest because they clashed with Tsjuder and I sure as hell wasn't going to miss that opportunity. Can't stand Gojira and The Defiled but a fiver for Ghost is more than reasonable. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 4, 2012 Posted December 4, 2012 Ghost are pretty decent, i much prefer them to the other two bands who i just couldn't get into at all. I'll hopefully catch the gig in Brum seeing as it's so cheap. In other news Amebix have sadly split up, never got to catch them live and possibly never will now. Quote
patiirc Posted December 8, 2012 Posted December 8, 2012 Just seen this on a local forum, Okay so I wasnt in Preston at the time, but the Carribean club was about 200 yrds from my house, it's now an Asian Supermarket Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted December 8, 2012 Author Paid Members Posted December 8, 2012 haha, i love old posters like that. I just read a book about Bon Scott which mentions that AC/DC once played in a pub in Swansea in front of 6 people Quote
Paid Members Up Chuck Posted December 8, 2012 Paid Members Posted December 8, 2012 That "Only date north of Leicester" line slayed me. I wish I could've had that poster at uni as conclusive proof that I'm not northern. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 8, 2012 Posted December 8, 2012 I love old gig flyers, Throbbing Gristle had some stunning ones drawn up. Some superb flyers here also. Quote
JonnyMiller Posted December 8, 2012 Posted December 8, 2012 Really sad to hear about Amebix splitting up. Also never got to see them live. They played Glasgow just after they got back together, with zero promotion so I assume a lot of people missed out on that. At least they left us with in my opinion their best work yet with 'Sonic Mass' Also gutted to hear that Huw Lloyd-Langton of Hawkwind fame has passed away. Had been battling cancer for the past few years. 61 is too young an age to go. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 8, 2012 Posted December 8, 2012 I didn't know that Huw had passed, sad news indeed. He was also a guitarist for the superb Black Metal band The Meads of Asphodel. Quote
KingOfMetal Posted December 11, 2012 Posted December 11, 2012 I mentioned this in the Summer Festivals 2013 thread, but figured i'd mention it here too. Slayer have been confirmed as the third headliner for Bloodstock 2013, which is a great booking in my opinion. Bloodstock seems to go from strength to strength with each year Quote
Cannibal Man Posted December 11, 2012 Posted December 11, 2012 It's amazing to think gigs like that NOFX show happened up north at some point, and in such smoky little toilet venues. Most punks of a certain age up here will all tell you about the time they saw Green Day at Wigan Cricket Club. It seems stupid to lament and get nostalgic about gigs you were too young to see or go to, but it puts having to see bands like that in either a fucking O2 with overpriced Carling or an arena with one northern date if you're lucky. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.