Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone given the new Stone Sour record a go? Part 1 of a 2 part concept, its cracking. They've got a real good balance on here, some of their strongest material. Heavier in places without sacrificing the melody. Big fan of the band, so much more than a side thing with a couple of dudes from Slipknot these days.

  • Paid Members
Posted
International orders haven't been shipped yet.

 

To be fair, the transmissions have been regular and been open about why they're late. They said it came back a bit dodgy so demanded different bits and bobs.

 

My UPS tracking says "Shipped - no tracking available". Where've you seen that they haven't shipped?

 

And yeah, they have, but even with that delay factored in it's very, very late now. People in America are still getting theirs. But I guess this might just be me acting out because I haven't got mine and probably won't for ages and I'm being a sad little child.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Anyone given the new Stone Sour record a go? Part 1 of a 2 part concept, its cracking. They've got a real good balance on here, some of their strongest material. Heavier in places without sacrificing the melody. Big fan of the band, so much more than a side thing with a couple of dudes from Slipknot these days.

 

I've listened to it a couple of times & it's solid IMO. Nothing spectacular & not as good as their first 2 records but a definite improvement on 'Audio Secrecy'. Not sure about the whole 'concept album' thing though as it doesn't sound like a huge departure from their other stuff? Given I've only listened to it through twice though so it might grown on me some more.

 

 

Now the hype had died down what's everyone's thoughts on the While She Sleeps album? It's in my top 5 of the year for sure. I absolutely love it, l heard their live set on Radio 1 from the other night & they sounded immense. Big tings agwaan for them next year I reckon.

  • Paid Members
Posted

yeh i reguarly play it in the car, its good shit. Im trying to find a way of playing it to mate cause i know he'll like it butnif he gets a whiff that they're popular amongst younger fans he'll dismiss it, sad but true.

 

off to see Terror-Brutality Will Prevail tomorrow, first proper hardcore type show ive seen in years, ive really lost touch with that scene...looking forward to it though.

Posted

I was planning on going to see Terror in Wrexham and you've just reminded me it was last night! Ha, oh well. It'd have probably been full of bellends pretending they're hard for a couple of hours as per usual. I do like Terror though, im sure they'll be excellent live and I remember everyone saying good things about BWP years ago. Dont know what they're like now, mind

Posted

Mitch Lucker from Suicide Silence has passed away, apparently a motorcycle accident. SS seemed to be making a name of themselves recently, I've been hearing about them an awful lot these past couple of years.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Suicide Silence frontman Mitch Lucker was killed in a motorcycle accident this morning in LA, he was 28 :(

 

Sad news.

 

Mitch%20Lucker.jpg

  • Paid Members
Posted

Jesus. Had only vaguely heard of the band but twenty fucking eight is nothing at all. RIP, thoughts are with his nearest and dearest.

 

Seems a bit trite now, but I came in here to post this so I might as well: my Coheed & Cambria boxset has arrived. It's absolutely sodding beautiful, of course. Here's a few pics (I've got about 3 times as many as this but I don't want to kill people's browsers):

 

34e8e1t.jpg

vh6zd3.jpg

t4xpxu.jpg

29zcx07.jpg

Posted

I thought we'd been given Descension, too, so colour me gutted when I ou that disc in. Idiot.

 

I'm also gutted that I didn't order in time to get my name in the book. To console myself, I'm going to finish my Coheed sleeve next week.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Heh, bad luck. We do get to see the words to the songs on Descension way before everyone else, which is kind of cool. I didn't get my name in the book either and I assumed that meant my VIP laminate wouldn't be signed, so I was delighted to find that it was. Speaking of, are you seeing them in Brum by any chance?

Posted

Nah, I'm going the Camden show.

 

Though I spoke to the promoter yesterday and they said that VIP was unlikely as the agents/band/management/whoever haven't requested anything as yet and it may be too late to get security.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Really? Fuck. Well, at least I don't have to feel awful about leaving my missus outside on her own for however long anymore.

Posted (edited)

as mentioned on the Download forums and on E-Festivals, and with an announcement coming tonight, the latest rumoured bands are:

 

A Day To Remember

Alice In Chains

HIM

KISS (second stage headliner, supposedly, but I aint buying it)

Motorhead

Queens Of The Stone Age

Stone Sour

The Gaslight Anthem

30 Seconds To Mars

 

I'd love for KISS to be there, but they wont play if they arn't headlining in some form, and I cant see them doing second stage headline slot. Alice In Chains would be good.

I reconkon out of that 30 Seconds To Mars and Motorhead as both have new albums on the way.

For some reason I can see (not necessarily in tonights announcement) Volbeat and Hatebreed being added at some point, as both have new albums next year and have not played Download since 2010 and 2009 respectively

Edited by KingOfMetal

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...