The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Sounds good man, ive never seen the Gimme Gimmies. Was Chris Shiflett on guitar?

He was indeed. The support were Masked Intruder, who were fun. Their gimmick was they had a cop onstage with them keeping them in line. All in all a real fun night!

I got put onto Masked Intruder a couple of months ago & whilst pop-punk isn't really my thing (OK in small doses) I thought they sounded really good. Nice to hear they were as much fun live as they sound.

Echo the previous love in the this thread for the new Menzingers album, it's a joy from start to finish. The new AFI album is also fantastic, it's got a real 80's pop vibe to it, more 'Grosse Point Blank' soundtrack than Stock, Aitken & Waterman.

• 1 month later...

It's legit WyattSheepMask.  Metal Hammer leaked it.

I've got the new Axel Rudi Pell album.  All power ballads, with the first track featuring Bonnie chuffin' Tyler! :)  

Tomorrow's live show -is going to be off the chart, & I get to chat with LIV SIN an' all! :) www.therockshowlive.com from 8pm UK.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Final Bloodstock headliner to be announced tonight at 9:00. 

After seeing Ghost pack out venues and play a blinding show on their UK tour this week, I'm hoping it is them as rumours have suggested

Yeh, apparently legit. Great news.

www.therockshowlive.com - 24/7 archive stream, the new shows air on Monday evenings 8pm UK (simulcast around the world on many outlets & syndication networks).  It's also on iTunes & the TuneIn app.

• Paid Members

having a bit of a spotify session yesterday, i decided to check out Creeper. They are being touted as the next big thing, they've gone from having a small cult like following to looking like they are going to breakthrough onto the mainstream. I quite like what i heard but they sound exactly like Alkaline Trio, to the point where it almost comes off as flat out plagiarism. I guess they are hoping that the younger fans who are getting into them haven't heard Alkaline Trio.

Edited by Egg Shen

Christ I see what you mean.

I had something similar last week when I was driving to Manchester. I'd added The Ravan Age's 'Darkness Will Fall' to my Spotify, as I'd been hearing a lot about them and they are being touted as the next big thing in UK metal. I had to give up just after the halfway point because what you get is an album that all sounds the same, but if you said to someone that it was one of the newer Trivium albums, they'd have believed you quite easily

Batushka, the "big thing" in black metal the past couple of years are touring here in May. They're a bit of a gimmick like Ghost but much less in your face theatrics and a tad darker.

The only problem is I've heard they have links to Graveland which is the project of a fucking Nazi and as someone who can't separate art from the artist..