The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

I was planning to get a day ticket because I haven't been to Download before. All depends if AFI and SOAD are on the same day for me now. I've seen SOAD before and they're ace but I've never seen AFI and they were such a part of my teens that I'd be willing to head there to see both them and SOAD. The other headliners don't interest me. Haven't seen Slayer yet either, but they'd have to be the same day as the other two I'm interested in too.

Super excited for Prophets of Rage. Chuck D & B Real performing PE & Cypress tunes backed by RATM. It's a dream collab for me.

No Zack though...as much as I like PE and Cypress, I can't think of anything worse than them screaming over Bulls on Parade.

Sorry, I'm still bitter. Rage were the greatest band and live band ever and I'm still gutted they're gone.

• Paid Members

Rob Zombie could be good, but it depends what slot he gets as to whether or not he'll get use his full production or not.

Zombie's going through one of them stages where he seems adamant not to use his full production.

Blind Guardian are one of the bands that gets loads of requests from the festival goers, and they've got the Friday Special Guest slot. There will be some that'll be moaning that they're not headlining, but fuck them.

Interested to see who the other two headliners end up being, but I'm happy to see Amon Amarth be given the chance to step up

Oh yeah I'm aware of that, was more making a point of they'll still find something to moan about rather than being happy that Blind Guardian are playing the first time in ages and is an exclusive for the festival as they don't tend to tour extensively when they do come here, your usually lucky if you get more than a London date.

There's still alot of talk about Emperor playing again, which maybe swing me into going, but I'll wait & see.

Decapitated announcement was removed quite quickly, so wasn't sure if it was a mistake or not. Not particularly fussed about them to be honest, they're totally different to what they were when I first heard of them.

Edited by WyattSheepMask