Post of the Year 2010 Now Online

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
I don't speak for anyone else

Er you kinda did chief:

you are liked by pretty much no-one. Everyone thinks you are a dick.

I really liked this.

Where is that one from?

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't speak for anyone else

Er you kinda did chief:

you are liked by pretty much no-one. Everyone thinks you are a dick.

I really liked this.

Where is that one from?

The UK Events section in a UWA thread. Should be at the top or near.

• Paid Members
Stop trying to make sense out of pro wrestling, Dillkid. It's a fool's errand.

So simple and yet so re-assuring; it's like those famous posters saying "Keep Calm And Carry On".

• Paid Members
Stop trying to make sense out of pro wrestling, Dillkid. It's a fool's errand.

So simple and yet so re-assuring; it's like those famous posters saying "Keep Calm And Carry On".

I'll second this. CheapSheep must be one of the most underrated posters on this board, he's been coming out with some great one liners recently.

• Paid Members
England has stuck it's nose in a lot of people's business over the years & pissed off & invaded & colonised a lot of countries (Ireland included) - so that's bound to rustle some feathers at some point!

It doesn't excuse terrorism, but isn't terrorism usually people who've had enough of interference, so they respond with violent acts? I don't agree with or support the IRA, for example, but they didn't just appear out of nowhere & for no reason.

I think a lot of English nationalists likely see things differently and likely consider themselves victims of those 'crazy muslim' terrorists; yet I don't recall Iraq & Afghanistan ever invading or attacking England. So who started it? You can't piss off a whole load of people and expect them to not respond.

I guess it's a case of which came first, chicken/egg, etc. Would terrorists blow up things if their country & people had been left alone in the first place?

So to answer the question: no - terrorism is never acceptable - but I'd also consider the invasion of Iraq & Afghanistan to be terrorist acts. It just happens to be covered as more of an acceptable cause because of the media spin.

To draw a comparison: some people call Scientology a cult, whereas I'd consider Catholicism a cult too - it's just more commercial, but equally as make-believe & full of bollocks & fantasy. It's just how society & the media portray religion & terrorism, etc. It's all wank - but we're told it's acceptable to cherry-pick what we like & ignore the hypocrisy of doing so.

Great post.

I do understand. It just gets on my nerves that they are blurring the WWF logo, and dubbing all past references yet they CAN say it?

Of course they can say it. Me and you can say it. We could even legally have a wank on an copy of WWF Attitude for the PSOne, but we cant sell anything with the WWF logo on it. That's not how business works. Chelsea can say "Wayne Rooney", but they cant play him just behind Drogba.

Made of win and LOL. This is my nomination, from the WWE Shareholders' Meeting thread in the UK Fan Forum.

I do understand. It just gets on my nerves that they are blurring the WWF logo, and dubbing all past references yet they CAN say it?

Of course they can say it. Me and you can say it. We could even legally have a wank on an copy of WWF Attitude for the PSOne, but we cant sell anything with the WWF logo on it. That's not how business works. Chelsea can say "Wayne Rooney", but they cant play him just behind Drogba.

Made of win and LOL. This is my nomination, from the WWE Shareholders' Meeting thread in the UK Fan Forum.

Seconded. Very enthusiastically.

I'm not quoting it as it's massive, but daveprazak has to win this month for his effort in scanning and posting the entire Great American Bash 87 Tour Program. A brilliant post with some rare pics quality content in, its a fans treat and he made that effort for our benefits. I like sarcasm and the funnies as much as the next man, but I (and I'd imagine a host of others) really, really appreciated this. It is a wrestling forum after all.

• Paid Members
I'm not quoting it as it's massive, but daveprazak has to win this month for his effort in scanning and posting the entire Great American Bash 87 Tour Program. A brilliant post with some rare pics quality content in, its a fans treat and he made that effort for our benefits. I like sarcasm and the funnies as much as the next man, but I (and I'd imagine a host of others) really, really appreciated this. It is a wrestling forum after all.

Enthusiastically seconded.

The network also made WCW drop the Seven gimmick because they thought the public would liken it to a child abductor...I'm not kidding.

I suppose Dustin Runnels was toying with the option of being a pedo on $500,000 a year or a tranny on $250,000.

This tickled me.

We've fallen victim to the Nash Equilibrium yet again, is why.

I think we can all agree that if Kevin Nash was standing for office, he'd have won by a landslide.

Dunno; I'd have said he was a bit of an Outsider.

:yinyang: One of the few wrestling puns that have given me a genuine laugh

• Paid Members

Enthusiastically seconded.

I'll third it. As you say, it's generally humorous posts that get nominated in this thread, and while they're great and all that was a fascinating read.

• Awards Moderator

From the Favourite Debut and Favourite Return thread:

D'Lo coming back on Raw a couple of years ago was pretty special - I never realised just how much I appreciated a man who walks to the ring as though his neck is attatched only to his body with a piece of elastic until that moment

But to be honest, nothing is going to beat the daveprazak post. Which I fourth.

I'm a nomination slag.

Archived